Monday, September 11, 2023

My Garden - How does it grow? - a Prosery Write for dVerse

 

[Click on pictures for larger view -- Back button to return 

The older we're getting the more lists we should make 
Top of the List of Lists would be our grocery list 
The older we're getting the more we will forget 
The lists tend to remind carry them where you go 

Don't Quit 

People growing older and older 
Then items disappear from our list 
We even name that list, "Bucket List"
It means that when we kick the bucket 
Those things we want to have accomplished 
List shows those and things I'd like to be doing 

Today is Mourning Day for 9/11 disaster 
  
- - - > My piece of Prose for dVerse today: 

Bucket list garden 

My bucket list is mostly fun things to do. Things I've not done*, that can't be done, or that I'd like to do. So here goes. They all are growing, wilting, or dead for you, to be pretty for you I have dropped two seeds of turnsole in the dark of both eyes.** 

a.Strawberries, hardest on my Bucket List is to touch the South Pole* 
b.Onions, dead, was to replace my pet that died 
c.Beans, don't smoke anymore, I've quit, been 48 years
d.Carrots, drinking alcohol no more, maybe a glass of wine socially 
e.Spinach, stopped teaching Sunday Bible School  
f.Sold my motorcycles 
g.Asparagus, driving less at night, especially on major highways in town 
h.Cucumbers, driving not so fast, for sure not over 100 mph for very long, hardly over eighty's my top now 
i.Corn   

Made yours? You may be better than you think.
 _ _ _ 

 - Writing and Photos Copyright, Jimmiehov 2023, All Rights Reserved 
 - ** I am linked with Sanaa Rizvi at dVerse Prosery, 
    https://dversepoets.com/2023/09/11/prosery-through-the-eyes-of-isabel-duarte-gray/ for her prompt line, "from the Poem Garden" and is written using 144 words not counting the title 
 - Click here to read other writer's prose writing efforts 
.. 

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Monday, September 11, 2023 6:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems a good Garden bucket list!

 
At Tuesday, September 12, 2023 2:07:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Now that’s a different way of looking at things, Jim, with or without the turnsole seeds!

 
At Tuesday, September 12, 2023 2:13:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think a bucket list sounds like a great thing... love how each item on your garden list is tied to a resolution, I can imagine how that increases the yield.

 
At Tuesday, September 12, 2023 3:32:00 AM, Blogger Petru J Viljoen said...

Gardening sure is enlightening.

 
At Tuesday, September 12, 2023 8:43:00 AM, Blogger Dwight L. Roth said...

It is interesting how our bucket seems to get more holes in it the older we get. Bucket list dreams are often just that, dreams and wishful thinking!
Well done.

 
At Tuesday, September 12, 2023 9:19:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Very interesting way to include the prompt

Much🖤love

 
At Tuesday, September 12, 2023 10:06:00 AM, Anonymous ben Alexander said...

A unique and clever take on the prompt, Jim!

Much love,
David
SkepticsKaddish.com

 
At Tuesday, September 12, 2023 12:32:00 PM, Blogger Merril D. Smith said...

An interesting list!

 
At Tuesday, September 12, 2023 2:16:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

A very relatable bucket list, Jim. I'm with you on no night driving as I am blind as a bat at night.

 
At Wednesday, September 13, 2023 4:41:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

I love this bucket list, Jim. Such an interesting take on the prompt. Thank you so much for writing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home