Saturday, June 26, 2021

Sunday Muse -- The wrong train 



Feelings 

Ever feel like you took the wrong train 
My train is going to Panama 
My ticket says "California" 
I'm riding on the unhooked caboose 

It's caught on fire burning at the rear 
Feel I'm not long for this crazy world 
Can't see behind, mirrors smoked gone blind 
Fire burns faster caboose on the loose  

Bear's plight as well, I ate it last night  
Happens often we're extinction bound 
 _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021, All Rights Reserved 
 - Photo prompt posted by Carrie Van Horn with The Sunday Muse #166,  at http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2021/06/sunday-muse-166.html?m=1 

 - I had started another poem to post but got off track of a thorough and fairly quick to my intended ending.  I hadn't made up my mind either at to it's tense.  
 - My short replacement poem is is here, 
.

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Saturday, June 26, 2021 2:43:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Jim, I'm not going to get "Ridin' on the City of New Orleans" out of my brain today. This poem triggered the music, one of my favorites. Brava!!!!

 
At Saturday, June 26, 2021 4:55:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

That is a powerful image, the caboose on fire in the rear...........good one, Jim.

 
At Saturday, June 26, 2021 11:12:00 PM, Blogger ms_lili said...

Sometimes you're the ant and sometimes you're the shoe. And sometimes you're riding on an unhooked caboose. Good luck, Jim!

 
At Sunday, June 27, 2021 8:53:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

This reads like a dream that wakes you up cold in the early morning. And the horror of on-coming consumer/fire...a perfect image.

 
At Sunday, June 27, 2021 9:28:00 AM, Blogger indybev said...

Am I the only one who sees a great line for a country song ---- "the loose caboose"! (Sorry, Jim, sometimes my mind just wanders off somewhere!! lol)

 
At Sunday, June 27, 2021 9:46:00 AM, Blogger Jinksy said...

So glad there are no edible bears around here - but even if there were, I wouldn't want to eat one! LOL

 
At Sunday, June 27, 2021 12:02:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Powerful writing...a scary vision, but filled with truth.

 
At Sunday, June 27, 2021 1:53:00 PM, Blogger qbit said...

The Extinction Express -- And if you managed to get off that train, where does that leave you? Entropy Junction?

 
At Sunday, June 27, 2021 4:00:00 PM, Blogger . said...

'extinction bound'... Hope not!

 
At Monday, June 28, 2021 9:52:00 PM, Blogger Sunita said...

The last line...that sums up everything.

 
At Thursday, July 01, 2021 7:32:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Perfect summation at the end. Love this, Jim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home