Tuesday, October 06, 2020

Walk Away with Me - A Poem for Weekly Scribblings


Walking Away

Walk 

         This 

                 Way 

                        With 

                                Me 

I'm going to the other side 


May it be an island  sumptuous 

Or it could be your neighbor's backyard 

Mine (neighbor) has a putting green

To a big city that never closes or turn off its lights 

How about camping out by the lake in an amusement park 


And if we don't like it there we can walk away again to some other place   

Wherever we go we'll be walking away 


Our people will be missing us 

Well if they do they can walk away over to us 

Or walk away for just a visit 

Perhaps they'll stay 


Think of the thousands and thousands who've done it before 

Pioneers they were called 

Hippies too


I'll open my eyes and see where we will be

For 

    sure 

          we'll 

             be 

                walking 

                          away


Good Bye 

or 

Should this bubble burst 

I'll miss its haven for me 

In back of my mind 

_ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved 

 - I'm linked with Rosemary for her prompt subject, "Walking Away", at The Weekly Scribblings # 40,  https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/search/label/weekly scribblings?m=1 

11 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 07, 2020 3:54:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

It would be so nice to walk away from this pandemic, Jim. I can think of so many places I'd love to walk away to, still on this little island.

 
At Wednesday, October 07, 2020 6:36:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

I love the breezy playfulness of this. Sure made me wish to go for a stroll too.

 
At Wednesday, October 07, 2020 7:56:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Such a delight! I had fun walking with you through this one.

 
At Wednesday, October 07, 2020 10:08:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I love how the "walking away" goes down steps, on the way somewhere better.

 
At Wednesday, October 07, 2020 3:26:00 PM, Blogger Jenna said...

I love the format / alignment of your words!

 
At Wednesday, October 07, 2020 6:36:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

One day we will all be walking away. We all know this but rarely talk about which is good as everyone will take the same path.

 
At Thursday, October 08, 2020 12:32:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Well Jim ... you did it! My favorite of all your poems. I have walked away more than several times and it always worked out.

 
At Thursday, October 08, 2020 1:40:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

The form seems such a casual "walking away" but I know its intent is much deeper.

 
At Friday, October 09, 2020 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Lori said...

The format of this is great. It walked me all across the page.

 
At Saturday, October 10, 2020 5:06:00 AM, Blogger Artsy said...

I enjoy your poems, GEM.

 
At Saturday, October 10, 2020 12:37:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Thank you, GEM, I really appreciate you. We've been blogging friends since 2005.
The poems, a lot, aren't supper good but I enjoy writing of the thoughts that come to my muse. She treats me best she can.
..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home