Tuesday, August 15, 2017

"You can" -- A Happy Poem for Tuesday Platform


You can make me happy
 
You can make me happy
Happy all the day  
So goes the songs of old
Before Rock began
 
I'm still singing that song
I sing it to you  
It always makes you smile
I love your sweet smile
 
Your smile reminds me too
That you love me lots  
And when I'm all alone
Sing it to myself
 
It keeps me thinking straight
Through years love endured  
How very much we
love each other still

.

Top:  On  the beach, last post in the series here: 
Middle:  Isle of Capri. Why do you say I'm lucky?  Lucky in Love, especially here:
Bottom:  "You can make me happy..." I've carried it 43 plus years.  Still !!!
Actually that song has been an ear bug for me for a long, long time
(and this one)
("I'm gonna love you for a long, long time")
_ _ _ _
 
 - Poem Copyright © 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
 - Photos also but at the dates of the respective blogs posted above 

 - I'm linked with, at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Tuesday Platform,  http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/08/the-tuesday-platform_15.html

 - Her theme was "Happiness"
.

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 15, 2017 2:27:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Love the happiness in your poem... there is something like a fairy tale end... The kingdom and the princess

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2017 3:08:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the poem and the photos. A happy love story warms the heart.

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2017 6:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless you

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2017 10:05:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

smiling with you both Jim:)

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2017 10:40:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Lovely - and that old travel worn photo - very nice.

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2017 11:05:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

How sweet this poem is. I love the photos in this, especially the faded older photo. Such a truly happy poem.

 
At Wednesday, August 16, 2017 5:54:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Awwww this is soo romantic!!❤️

 
At Wednesday, August 16, 2017 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

How lovely to see the smiles and the joy of many years spent in love.

 
At Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:57:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

If we can sing of our love to ourselves, alone will never touch us. This is lovely, Jim.

 
At Thursday, August 17, 2017 10:55:00 AM, Blogger rallentanda said...

This is lovely.Congratulations Jim...you're a lucky guy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home