Wednesday, April 26, 2017

NaPoWriMo 2017, Day 26, a Poem, Feeling and Outsider Art


 
Feeling
 
I am an outsider which is
different from being an outcast
An outcast is shoved aside, cast away
Either physically or emotionally cast beside the road
 
I'd rather be an outcast than the outsider that I am

Oh they let me mingle but really have nothing
to say with me.  They don't tell me why
they feel disposed to shy away
 
But I have this feeling,
deep down the feeling of truth, I am different

_ _ _ _ _ 

 - Photos and Poem Copyright © 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
 - Photos: (they are mine, copied from my computer screen as referenced below)
       On the screen were several very interesting drawings of Karin Gustufson.  She gave us permission to use them on our posts, providing we give her credit (much due for these wonderful drawings).  I do give credit to "Karin Gustafson--all rights reserved".
        You can see these and more at the "Outsider Art" link below or here.

- - - - - -

 - I'm linked withat the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Outsider Art, http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/04/outsider-art.html 
  --- - - and    
 - also to Day Twenty-six of NaPoWriMohttp://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-six-3/

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 26, 2017 5:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim, thank you so much for the very kind words about my drawings and thanks for putting them to such good use. You have made a really interesting distinction between the outsider and the outcast, which seems also to be about hyporcrisy! You describe the isolation so well. Thanks so much for participating and with this poem. K.

 
At Wednesday, April 26, 2017 10:42:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Oh, I so understand this. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being different.

 
At Wednesday, April 26, 2017 10:59:00 AM, Blogger Shannon Blood said...

I wonder if this is something most folks struggle with -- I know I do.

 
At Wednesday, April 26, 2017 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

The human mind is such a complex thing. I, for instance, love being different. I am more me than anyone else, and I find that to be glorious. But like your poem suggests, too many people suffer because they feel (or they are made to feel) that they are too different to be accepted. I wonder what makes a person see being different as a curse while others rejoice in the gift.

 
At Wednesday, April 26, 2017 3:01:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

To be an outsider without choice is terrible... many chose to mark themselves even more different instead of trying to adapt.

 
At Wednesday, April 26, 2017 3:31:00 PM, Blogger Robin said...

I think society can be cruel sometimes. We are taught to be like others and when we are not it can be painful. Sometimes embracing what is special is the best gift we can give ourselves. And sometimes maybe asking others "WHY?" can be insightful too. Your words really moved me. Big hugz, Rasz

 
At Wednesday, April 26, 2017 4:15:00 PM, Blogger De Jackson said...

Different is my favorite. I wish the world felt the same. This is well done.

 
At Wednesday, April 26, 2017 8:21:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I suffered from being 'different' as a child and young adult, and longed to be able to conform – but never could grasp how to do that. As I got older, I became glad to be me – and then, paradoxically, found many others like me. :)

 
At Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:08:00 AM, Blogger grapeling said...

a stark contrast ~

 
At Thursday, April 27, 2017 7:31:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Oh but different is so much better than the same!❤️

 

Post a Comment

<< Home