Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Homophones, love my luv -- Words Count

Love my LUV
.
Homophones, love luv
Love my Chevy LUV pickup
Old truck that I love
_ _ _ _ _ _
.

[Pictured is a 1981 Chevy LUV second generation, made only one year for the U.S.(LINK)]

Poem Copyright, © 2014 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

Notes:  
 - A homophone is a word that is pronounced the same as another word but differs in meaning, and may differ in spelling (link).  
 - I did take poetic license hear, I have never owned a Chevy LUV but have owned its successor, a Chevy S-10 pickup. I did have a 1972 Datsun pickup which was the same year as the first generation LUVs came out. 
 - Also the name besides being a part of a homophone pair is an acronym for light utility vehicle.  You might argue that an acronym is NOT a word, especially a Scrabble word, as it is merely pronounced as if it was a word rather than just a series of individual letters.
 - To read more about the Chevrolet LUV please click HERE.

Today I am Linked with the Real Toads, Words Count With Mama Zen

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 10, 2014 10:58:00 AM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

I get the impression that you care greatly for your vehicle. smiles, nicely done.
(It isn't recognizing my wordpress address)

 
At Wednesday, December 10, 2014 11:45:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

nice one Jim

much love...

 
At Wednesday, December 10, 2014 1:13:00 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Nice pick-up!

 
At Wednesday, December 10, 2014 2:07:00 PM, Blogger Maude Lynn said...

This is really cute!

 
At Thursday, December 11, 2014 11:58:00 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

cute

 
At Friday, December 12, 2014 4:02:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Nice one.. loving your machine is nothing wrong..

 
At Saturday, December 13, 2014 1:37:00 PM, Blogger Kay L. Davies said...

I used to have a pickup truck. Did I use it to pick up guys? It's so long ago, I've forgotten.
Enjoyed your haiku, Jim.
Luv, K

 
At Monday, December 22, 2014 1:47:00 PM, Blogger audrey` said...

Nice colour, Dr Jim :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home