Saturday, July 14, 2012

Saturday Centus: A Family Story

,
.
"Once upon a time there three bears who had been eating beans. They..."

"You stop that," Mom said sternly.

"Wait! There's more!" said Dad as he began laughing loudly.

"Oh Dad.  There won't be any more. And you know it, this is silly. That is all of the story," said Mom as she watched him and us very closely.

My sister and I joined Dad in his laughter. Mom had endured this many times, how many we wouldn't dare to guess.

One thing we didn't guess about though, is that we knew we would never hear the rest of the story from Dad.

- - - - -

Story Copyright
© 2012 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved


Picture taken by Jim from November 21, 2011 of the Kelly Ripa Show TV broadcast of her and Jerry Seinfeld
Family true story and scenario related as best Jim could recall

- - - - -

For more Saturday Census authors or how to do your own, go here to Jenny Matlock's blog.
Per Jenny: "The prompt this week is: "Wait! There's more! "
Number of words: 100 words PLUS the three words of the prompt. 103 maximum word total.

Style of writing: Any
Pictures: Any"


My 103 words were counted by MS Word, Tools; Word Count.
MS Word did not detect ANY spelling error.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At Sunday, July 15, 2012 1:35:00 AM, Blogger Judie said...

What a great and funny memory, Jim! It's wonderful to remember those little family intimacies that we all seem to have and love.

 
At Sunday, July 15, 2012 9:40:00 AM, Blogger Amrit Sinha said...

Nice memory from your childhood ... loved reading it :-)

 
At Sunday, July 15, 2012 10:08:00 AM, Blogger anitamombanita said...

Haha. Reminds me if my hubs with the kids...such a wascallly wabbit! Well done!

 
At Sunday, July 15, 2012 11:14:00 PM, Blogger Susan Anderson said...

Reminds me of how my hubby used to tell our kids frightening bedtime stories about Pirate Pete and I would have to cut him off before they had nightmares.

=)

 
At Monday, July 16, 2012 7:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH! I can hear my husband starting one of those stories...chagrin and pleasure all rolled into "appropriate" comes to the mother's guiding mind... but I wonder why he never finished the story? sinister? or just cut off. nicely done!

 
At Wednesday, July 18, 2012 1:59:00 AM, Blogger Susan Mystery said...

This was cute. Dads are great for doing the fun stuff in a family. I can totally see this scene played out in so many families.

 
At Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:07:00 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Oh Jim! What fun!

This dialogue was so perfect...I can hear the exchange in my mind!

Great writing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home