Friday, June 19, 2009

French Sky -- Looking At the Sky

Old town, Carcassonsne, is next on our journey. See the map below.



.
We are at the entrance to the Old Town. This little town even had a mote but it never was filled with water. Today the town survives, mostly on tourist dollars and euros.

Businesses include a lot of eateries, souvenir shops, and quite a few hotels. Our money there went for food. This was right after the canal boat ride as a part of the day trip south.

We would stay until dark. The lights came on later than we thought we would be staying and still we didn't see the town lit up here on the hill except from the distant road back to our hotel.



That's all for today. Next posting will be more (or an other France post) of Old Town Carcassonne but for now all we see is mainly coming into the compound. We couldn't drive in until the tourists mainly went home so we walked up the hill from the parking lot (free).



[click here to see the whole European Holiday]


We had fun. I will be telling more of our Spring 2009 Europe Holiday periodically.

For more Looking at the Sky on Friday photos
click over to
Crazy Working Mom


Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Thursday, June 18, 2009 7:45:00 PM, Blogger Sandee said...

Some day I want to go to Europe. How fun. I would have loved to stroll through this quaint little town. Too bad about the lights though. That would have been cool too.

Have a terrific day Jim. Big hug. :)

 
At Thursday, June 18, 2009 8:24:00 PM, Blogger kden said...

What a beautiful place. Your shots have captured it well.

 
At Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:43:00 PM, Blogger Tink *~*~* said...

Love the tower - there's a similar one in the French section of EPCOT! Oh and thanks for the heads up on the Flickr situation - I have corrected it!

Tink *~*~*

 
At Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:38:00 PM, Blogger kden said...

Re: Your question about your page loading on dial-up. I didn't have any problems, maybe because the shots weren't huge. That's where I have my biggest problem. Thanks for stopping by my other blog and commenting.

 
At Thursday, June 18, 2009 10:53:00 PM, Anonymous Looking @ The Sky on Friday said...

Oh this is beautiful. I'm with Sandee...some day I will go. I will hold hands with my husband. We will enjoy ourselves. Some day...

In the mean time, thank you for taking me there with your photos. :)

Tisha

 
At Friday, June 19, 2009 8:19:00 AM, Blogger Dianne said...

I love the way you framed the two top shots, adds drama to an already beautiful sky

I am loving your trip :)

 
At Friday, June 19, 2009 11:46:00 AM, Blogger storyteller said...

Ah ... your photos bring back memories of my own travels to Europe and make me want to dig out my 35mm slides ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

 
At Friday, June 19, 2009 4:07:00 PM, Blogger SandyCarlson said...

Very nice, Jim.

 
At Friday, June 19, 2009 4:51:00 PM, Blogger maryt/theteach said...

Jim, these are a lovely series of shots! I've been to England, France and Italy. But it was long ago... Enjoy! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home