Wednesday, May 22, 2024

For the Birds? -- a Poem for Friday Writing and for dVerse Poetics

Notice Mrs. Jim's painter shoe covers.  The ground
here is like a duck's kennel floor, covered.

  

Parenting is shared 


 Realization comes 

I lived on a balloon 
Sailing and flitting 
Didn't matter to where 

I sailed through the marshes 
Range Rover's delight 
Penguins visit well worth 

On sailing to China 
I walked the Great Wall 
Didn't stop great masses 

.Day Three found us at the Kremlin for 
a nice tour. This is the Kremlin Wall.

Or the Kremlin's Great wall 
Glide past with great care 
Their prisons work you hard 

And so life goes right on 
We are but peons 
I could go on some more 

Realization hit 
me like a ton of bricks *

You care not one Iota 
 _ _ _ 
 
 * These two lines are taken from Dwight Roth's poem, "Resolve" 
 - Photos and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2024 or earlier, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Rommy for Friday Writing # 128 who is hosting at 
 - Rommy had asked, optional with her writers, us to write about something small (a raindrop, a ladybug, a lie, etc.).  
    Perhaps our world is smaller when we have traveled a lot.  We’ve been retired 25 ( Mrs. Jim) and 23 (myself) years and have fairly well finished our desire to travel. We have visited at least 82 countries. My list, https://jimmiehov3.blogspot.com/2021/08/countries-where-i-have-been-78-of-them.html?showComment=1716438967251 .

 - I was and still am first linked with Melissa Lemay for her easy out Idea No. 1 since it is late, hosting for dVerse Poetics at  
 - Read here other's poems hosted by Melissa
.. 

Labels: , , , ,

15 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 22, 2024 2:32:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

That’s some trip, Jim! I have a soft spot for penguins.

 
At Wednesday, May 22, 2024 7:00:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

A trip we cannot do any longer I think... The Kremlin a much riskier place these days

 
At Wednesday, May 22, 2024 12:00:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Love the way you ended this cento ... we do care!!!!

 
At Wednesday, May 22, 2024 12:10:00 PM, Anonymous Kim WH said...

Oh, I'd love to see penguins in the wild....

 
At Wednesday, May 22, 2024 12:11:00 PM, Blogger Melissa Lemay said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures with us, and I love the poem you've written with the inclusion of Dwight's lines.

 
At Wednesday, May 22, 2024 3:59:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

What amazing places you've been.

 
At Wednesday, May 22, 2024 7:56:00 PM, Anonymous Mish said...

Traveling to explore new places should always be appreciated, if we're lucky enough to embark on those adventures. I enjoyed the way you included Dwight's lines.

 
At Thursday, May 23, 2024 6:00:00 AM, Anonymous Kathy Labrum McVittie said...

I don't think i've visited your site much in the past and I am very glad I did today, Jim. Your use of Dwight's line is very apt, adding an "edge" to what, on the face of it, is a holiday tale, but with deeper darker shadows.

I'm curious to whom the last line is addressed - and I don't need to know!

 
At Thursday, May 23, 2024 11:01:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

I hope there are no "You's" but I'm sure there would be. I try to "write for my readers," Ted Kooser's good word for me [ https://tedkooser.net/ ].
Sort of rhetorical.

 
At Thursday, May 23, 2024 1:20:00 PM, Blogger paeansunplugged said...

I enjoyed this poem about your travels, Jim.

 
At Friday, May 24, 2024 6:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always been so interesting to read of your travels!

 
At Friday, May 24, 2024 8:54:00 AM, Blogger alan1704 said...

Interesting poem and penguins in the wild. Good stuff

 
At Saturday, May 25, 2024 12:33:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, Anonymous above is me, Rosemary. Google strikes again!

 
At Saturday, May 25, 2024 1:27:00 AM, Blogger J Cosmo Newbery said...

Great idea about the foot covering.

 
At Friday, May 31, 2024 6:59:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

I loved all the photos, especially the penguins!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home