Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Weekly Scribblings - Famous Quote

 
Yoko Ono’s annual quote: “War is over! If you want it.”** 

     This Old Fighter 

Tired of fighting, I give it up 
I'm giving in, my war will stop 
I've lived my time, cannon is yours 

Umpteen plus years, I fought for all 
The young and old, the rich the poor 
Women and men, the races all 

I played the part, warrior is done 
Grabbing my cane, buried the sword 
 _ _ _ 

 - Poem and Photo Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021 and 2017, All Rights Reserved 
 - Cannon picture is mine, taken at Georgetown University, 2017   - http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2017/02/fridays-hunt-v306-f-is-for.html
 - **As writing prompt Magaly would like us to write poetry or prose inspired by John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s song: “War is over! If you want it.”   Yoko posted those word every Christmas Season on a big NYC Manhattan sign.  

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 10, 2021 11:50:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

About time too! Pity he took so long to find a more peaceful kind of life.

 
At Wednesday, August 11, 2021 5:57:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

The cane for the sword. That say so very much. May your cane keep you steady. Do not stumble. Stay Safe.

Happy you dropped by my blog today

Much❤love

 
At Wednesday, August 11, 2021 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Warriors sacrifice so much for those they serve. I really like the idea of a time of rest. And even better, than when that times comes the warrior had the choice to decide what happens next.

 
At Wednesday, August 11, 2021 5:20:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

Well said, old warrior!

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2021 7:49:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

He has more than earned his rest.

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2021 11:06:00 AM, Blogger  said...

I love the end : “Grabbing my cane, buried the sword“

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2021 6:40:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

This is beautiful, Jim. Bravo!

 
At Saturday, August 14, 2021 7:13:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Well done, Jim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home