Monday, December 14, 2020

Writer's Pantry Poem for Today


Take Note 


Are you a note taker? 

A note believer I am 

First day lectures I say 

To my class, "Take Good Notes 


Your Tests will be over 

the stuff you need to know 

If it's in your text book 

and what I say in class 


but not my corny jokes 

All I say you jot down 

After class rearrange 

Make a study outline 


Fill in holes, stuff you missed 

and things from your book that 

were not covered in class 

Now make a shortened one 


Study what you don't know 

Review in your spare time 

Every student I've had 

Who made an "A" took notes" 


 - You are welcome to visit my Seasonal Posts on "jim's little Christmas tree farm" blog.  https://jimmiehov7.blogspot.com/?m=1 

 _ _ _ 

- Poem and Photo Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved 

 - I am linked with Writers’ Pantry #50https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2020/12/writers-pantry-50-how-do-you-take-your.html 

 - This is true, I told the above to every class I taught at San Jacinto College, Business Law, Entrepreneurship, and Intro to Business.  

 - Please excuse the photo for having a U of H sticker.  I have an Associate Degree from San Jac and two others from the University of Houston.  All three attained while working full time at NASA Houston.


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At Monday, December 14, 2020 9:47:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Very good advice! My daughter has always been a big note-taker, and she gets As! She still uses 3x5 cards to organize essay outlines and vocab. for French. Old School methods still work. (She tried majoring in business, found she was doing it because others told her it was wiser than English, but she was unhappy.)

 
At Monday, December 14, 2020 10:37:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I used to have a teacher--one who truly influenced my life--who used to say, "Good notes are the backbone of good grades." I think she would've agreed with your poem. :-)

 
At Monday, December 14, 2020 11:15:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Taking notes in math class? Must explain my abject failures.

 
At Monday, December 14, 2020 7:25:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ah yes, as a student I took copious notes, and made good grades.

 
At Monday, December 14, 2020 11:39:00 PM, Blogger Marja said...

Great advice I was always good at note taking Picking up the important stuff Mostly because I had some processing problems so I always had to filter things

 

Post a Comment

<< Home