Sunday, November 10, 2019

[click on a picture to make it larger - click again for larger still]

When you come

When you're here I want not
for you to feel welcome
But I won't make you leave

After my old roan died
her stall over in the
red barn has been empty
 
Please feel free to go back
to where you have come from
and I won't care a bit

Seems my clean stable here
has been missing a mare
I think for way to long

Well, you might grow on me
you'd have to neck rein** well
_ _ _

 
 - Photos taken (2014, link) at the Vauxhall City Farm, Vauxhall, London U.K. (More pictures here).
 - Photos and Poem  Copyright , Jimmiehov 2014 and 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I am linked with Sanaa Rizvi at Poets United in the Poetry Pantry,  http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/2019/11/pantry-of-poetry-and-prose-3.html? m=1
 - Go there to find a similar titled poem by Maya Angelou link which helped inspire me to write this.
 - ** Neck rein, a horse will turn right or left at the rider's nudge on her neck, left or right, to the opposite of the nudge.  The reins are not necessary at all.
 

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Sunday, November 10, 2019 9:41:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

This sounds like a warm welcome... but in the end the mare should make her own decisions.

 
At Sunday, November 10, 2019 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

An inspired piece, Jim! Beautifully rendered ❤️

 
At Sunday, November 10, 2019 11:59:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh an empty stall is a sad thing indeed.

 
At Monday, November 11, 2019 12:47:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Those alpacas in the lower photo are quite good at spitting, so keep your distance.

 
At Monday, November 11, 2019 1:53:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Sounds like this protagonist has settled into comfortable aloneness! I like the mixed messages; they should work to prevent further intrusion LOL.

 
At Monday, November 11, 2019 11:42:00 AM, Blogger H. Hennenburg said...

This is so beautiful. I can feel the strong love and affection for the beloved roan mare; and then the reluctant opening to the possibility of loving another. I also love how I didn't really get what was coming until that last stanza revealed the information that connected all the other stanzas. Really a wonderful read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home