Friday, November 08, 2019

A single word Poem, "Burnish"

Burnish Me

I love to be burnished
Not the result rather the act
What is going here

On that I yield to Marriam
Marriam-Webster tells it all
Sister in need, I call
"Synonyms for burnished


Burnish 'til I glisten
Really though I love being rubbed
Rub my feet any day

Or my back or my neck
Shoulders cry, "Never get enough" 
This kitten purrs for you 

 
_ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Marian in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/11/just-one-word-burnished.html?m=1

 - Marian has suggested we write to one single prompt word, "Burnished".

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At Friday, November 08, 2019 12:04:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

MErriam Webster...how odd that you perceive yourself as a kitten. And yes, rub my feet all the day long.

 
At Friday, November 08, 2019 7:55:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

To be burnished as a person one would end up shiny and brilliant like an inanimate object. If only it can be done. It would be lots of fun, Dr Jim!

Hank

 
At Friday, November 08, 2019 8:04:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Humans really have burnished themselves too much over the last two millenia. I wonder if it is because we are not honest anymore so must always show a false face?

 
At Saturday, November 09, 2019 8:00:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

This is interesting and reminds me of maybe the process of being tattooed as well.

 
At Saturday, November 09, 2019 1:13:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Sounds wonderful to be rubbed like that.

 
At Saturday, November 09, 2019 1:38:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Only you would go in this direction ... a compliment.

 
At Sunday, November 10, 2019 6:26:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

I remember my trip to San Francisco. The husband and I treated ourselves to foot massages and boy was it a lifesaver when going up and down those hills!

 
At Sunday, November 10, 2019 11:09:00 AM, Blogger Lori said...

To be rubbed the right way. Such a treat.

 
At Sunday, November 10, 2019 3:07:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Oh, your poem reminds me how much I need a massage. Love it

 
At Monday, November 11, 2019 6:01:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

First pedicure and massage was quite an eye opener - I was in my 40's. It truly is purr-worthy :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home