Thursday, August 29, 2019

A Weekend Micro Poem

Like I am;
  with empty parts

Make it better is the cry I hear
Always ever people want to fix
You alone can fill my empty parts

I'm not real perfect in many ways
Looks flawed  browned bruised scratched and missing parts

Listen, my words scratchy voice.  Feel, bumps
over my body them you don't see

Use a Cane, spas pills cream do no good
Ugly mess, you love me like I am
There's no fixing me My hurts you soothe
 _ _ _

 - Poem Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Kerry O'Connor in the Imaginary Garden at  http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/08/micro-poetry-fill-empty-parts.html?m=1
 - One of Kerry's request was to write a poem using the phrase, with empty parts.  She also asked for no more than ten lines.  I have ten lines and 75 words plus six in the title.
 - I have some of the above situations but not all.  I do have the cane, I am hoping that this impediment to my getting around will only be temporary.  Seems I lose my crutches quite easily, so far I've lost one.

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Thursday, August 29, 2019 3:36:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Poignant.

 
At Thursday, August 29, 2019 4:14:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

I am in the same club ~~~ minus a cane.

 
At Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:28:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

You're lucky! I've got what you've got but my wife's gone upstairs!

 
At Friday, August 30, 2019 2:26:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I'm hobbling in your footsteps, Jim! On Monday, my daughter and her husband took me to see the progress on their new home and I tripped over the step into the back garden, and it's not the fist time I've fallen over. I'm thinking of getting a stick. I've seen a lovely black one decorated with painted flowers.

 
At Friday, August 30, 2019 4:24:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I like your honest approach to the theme, Jim.

 
At Friday, August 30, 2019 10:11:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Oh, I am there too..sometimes with a cane. Yes, this is an honest response to the prompt.

 
At Friday, August 30, 2019 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

You are a lucky guy Jim to have Mrs Jim approval through it all.
Thanks for dropping by Monday WRites this week

Much❤🕊❤love

 
At Saturday, August 31, 2019 9:49:00 AM, Blogger Linda Lee Lyberg said...

The joys of aging. This is so real and true Jim.

 
At Saturday, August 31, 2019 10:00:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Awww yes "ugly mess, you love me like I am"
That right there is what we all need and strive for.

 
At Saturday, August 31, 2019 3:34:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

We are all going down that same road...

 
At Sunday, September 01, 2019 7:13:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

A truthful telling of the way it gets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home