Tuesday, July 02, 2019

A Poem for the Tuesday Platform

Why do I travel;
for delight it brings?

Started with a bucket list
Moscow, Panama Canal
Great Wall of China as well

Those in mind, first came my son
To his wedding, Barbados
With blushing bride made their vows

While in the Caribbean
Why not visit Martinique
And St. Lucia, islands near

Learned of Napoleon's wife
Awed by their island homesite
Josephine's Statue, headless

Ate bananas in their fields
from their trees and sampled rum
from the barrel.  Shoulders rubbed 

Soon cruised Panama Canal
Then sailed from Moscow on to
St. Petersburg. Walked the Wall

Our bucket list long empty
With the highway in our veins
Now eighteen years we've traveled

Fifty states, most of Europe,
South America have been
India to Capetown next

Why do I travel
Because it's there
_ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I am linked with Sanaa Rizvi in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/07/the-tuesday-platform-questions-of-travel.html?m=1

 - I hate that this turned out sounding like a bragging write. More detail would have been more boring  But it has been much of my eighteen retired years and many summer while teaching has been on the road, sea, and air.
 - Best liked was driving literally all over Europe but there isn't one holiday travel that I have regretted. Eight have been Missionary oriented.
 - Oh yes,  Mrs. Jim has been with me everywhere except for my business
  monthlong romp in San Francisco and one trip to Guatemala.  Two of our children and three grandkids have also tagged along.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 02, 2019 5:15:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Sounds like quite a travelling experience! Thank you for sharing 💖

 
At Tuesday, July 02, 2019 5:43:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

My husband feels the same way about travelling. I did my fair share but I love the comfort of my own home these days.

 
At Tuesday, July 02, 2019 6:26:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Why do I travel
Because it's there

The same insistence a mountain climber who justified his passion, 'it is there' One is instinctively provoked into accepting it as a challenge!

Hank

 
At Tuesday, July 02, 2019 9:31:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

That is so cool that you've traveled so much!

 
At Tuesday, July 02, 2019 9:53:00 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

“Highway in my veins “ and sampled rum
from the barrel. Awesome. And I do t think details would be boring!

 
At Tuesday, July 02, 2019 2:16:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I have started to find ease in really slow travel... but that means that I don't get far unless I use a lot of time :-)

 
At Tuesday, July 02, 2019 2:24:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh, Jim, you have been to such wonderful places, ones I have visited only in books.

 
At Tuesday, July 02, 2019 3:21:00 PM, Blogger Linda Lee Lyberg said...

What a wonderful travel filled life you have had!

 
At Tuesday, July 02, 2019 7:31:00 PM, Blogger Tanza Erlambang said...

you are so lucky...visit a lot of great places...
thank you for sharing your amazing poem.

Have a wonderful summer

 
At Wednesday, July 03, 2019 10:33:00 AM, Blogger Jui said...

This poem made me smile. I enjoy travelling and have a bucket list too.
- Jui Positive Cookies

 
At Friday, July 05, 2019 5:34:00 AM, Blogger Yvonne Osborne said...

I've never been to those places. My bucket list is full and needs to be emptied!! I enjoyed your travels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home