Saturday, June 29, 2019

A Poem - My true fear

Deadly Fear

I don't fear death
"O Death, where is thy sting"
But I do fear
choking to my demise

Few times I've choked
embarrassing it is
Folk come running
to pat you on your back

That I don't like
it doesn't help one bit
Heimlich may help
that's not what here I fear

Rather in sleep
choking on my own spit 
That might happen 
when laying on my back 

So evermore 
I will sleep on my side 
But could this be 
a latent phobia 
 _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Bjorn in the Imaginary Garden at  http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/06/chernobyl-and-our-fears.html?m=1

 - A phobia?  Won't know in my lifetime.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At Saturday, June 29, 2019 7:45:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

Nic job jim

 
At Saturday, June 29, 2019 10:22:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

That is a valid fear, Jim. I choke often, on nothing at all. Very weird.

 
At Sunday, June 30, 2019 1:53:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

You have me worried now Jim, I always sleep on my back...perhaps tonight I'll try on my side!

 
At Sunday, June 30, 2019 11:28:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think it can be converted to a fear of the pain you death comes with... choking seems scaring for me too.

 
At Sunday, June 30, 2019 9:15:00 PM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

Good one Jim....not a phobia, just being sensible, I think.

 
At Friday, July 05, 2019 8:10:00 AM, Blogger Tanza Erlambang said...

hope, phobia will disappear soon...
Happy 4th July

 

Post a Comment

<< Home