Tuesday, May 07, 2019

Another Tuesday poem


From "The Chicken Dinner", 2016, 

Watch the Chickens
 
I'm standing here in the corner
looking across into the room
Why I'm standing here I don't know
There is no place I want to go

That dear was my plight this morning
Like a chicken just standing there
Three others in the room active
Chicken no place it wants to go

The others are doing their thing
Things to do with places to go
One to school another to work
The helper may end up like me

You could too when nothing to do
When you're through and no place to go
_ _ _

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2016 and 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I am linked with Sanaa Rizvi in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-tuesday-platform.html?m=1

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 07, 2019 9:40:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Sometimes we have to stand our ground for time is fickle and keeps changing. ❤️

 
At Tuesday, May 07, 2019 12:33:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

"When you're through and no place to go...." Poignant, Jim. That is when I stand outside looking at the flowers, or the sky..........and being glad my life has slowed and I no longer am rushing off to work.

 
At Tuesday, May 07, 2019 2:50:00 PM, Blogger signed...bkm said...

no place to go, and not wanting to go anywhere...i can relate to that..i wonder where i stand...bkm

 
At Tuesday, May 07, 2019 2:58:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think sometimes we just have to stay were we are.

 
At Tuesday, May 07, 2019 5:20:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ah well ... there's always a poem to write. :)

 
At Wednesday, May 08, 2019 5:19:00 PM, Blogger Frank J. Tassone said...

Your poem reminds me of Dr. Seuss' "The Waiting Place" from "Oh, the Places You'll Go."

 
At Wednesday, May 08, 2019 6:56:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Sometimes, a body just want to stay put. Maybe for a better view... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home