Thursday, March 07, 2019

Here I sit in the waiting room
Nobody's sick, nobody's hurt

You asked where I am this morning
You ask who am I waiting for

Waiting for Betsy to repair
Waiting for my car to get fixed

Twenty years old her battery died
Don't cry for her, don't cry for us

We're both happy Walmart will fix
Tomorrow will be our new day
 
[click picture for full screen]
_ _ _

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2017 and 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Marian in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/03/avant-gardener.html?m=1
 - Photo is Betsy at the roadside, https://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2007/08/cut-and-shoot-texas-77306-guided.html?m=1


8 Comments:

At Thursday, March 07, 2019 3:07:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Carless ... but a new battery and there are another 20 years of joy.

 
At Thursday, March 07, 2019 3:56:00 PM, Blogger annell4 said...

Oh, what a relief!! My battery died during our worst cold weather this winter...new battery makes things good as new!! My timing has been off, all winter, I need to go to the store, don't go, pantry bare during snow storm...what is wrong with me? I just can't seem to get it right.

 
At Thursday, March 07, 2019 4:06:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Betsy will be her cheery self, even a bit flirty, once she has her new battery! I could do with one myself, lol.

 
At Thursday, March 07, 2019 5:55:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Car problems...Oh I hate them, but when it's fixed the sun gets brighter. :)

 
At Thursday, March 07, 2019 8:47:00 PM, Blogger Isadora Gruye said...

You captured a nice slice of life, when we are forced to wait and really just accept that we are waiting for the next thing. Thanks for sharing, Jim!

 
At Friday, March 08, 2019 5:31:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Cut and Shoot! Wow.
Love this tiny snapshot. I bet that felt like a pretty big moment while it was happening... but then it fades to the mundane

 
At Friday, March 08, 2019 4:33:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

My little VW Cabrio convertible turns 20 in September! Here's to all the old gals out there!

 
At Friday, March 08, 2019 5:22:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

I think cars should give you a 30 minute warning that your battery is about to die as it always happens at the very worst of times and places! Great piece Jim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home