Thursday, November 22, 2018

Puppy Love ~~ a Thanksgiving Day (Thursday) Poem

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL !!!
Photocopy by PrintScreen
of a Picture by Karin Gustafson at
at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/11/giving-thanks-with-love-poem.html?m=1 
Karin "Reserves all Rights" to her picture.  
Please do not copy it for further use.

They named me Toto

God blessed the day
The day I found them
They were walking by
I crawled under the fence
And followed them
until they noticed

They picked me up
Took me in their arms
That made me happy
Could it be they'd take me
My sisters were gone
Girl puppies go first

But I was left
No one wanted me
Was there a chance
Could they take me
Sweet little girl
Her mother seemed kind

They took me around
My front door loomed
I was trembling
Would they ask my folks
Please please I want to go
Go home with them

Ask they did, they did
Can this wee puppy
Come home with us
We'll take good of her
We'll name her Toto
Feed and love her well

Start of new life for me
Happy family I'd found
And every day I felt
their love for me
Wag my tail Thank you God
for our loving home

Toto is my name
 _ _ _ _ _

 - Poem Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Outlawyer, aka Karin Gustafson in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/11/giving-thanks-with-love-poem.html?m=1 

 - My poem is true. Toto had a nice, happy long life with us. Eventually she died but went blind before that. I almost cried as I was reading Mrs. Jim the poem.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL !!!

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Thursday, November 22, 2018 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh Jim, this makes me weepy.......the puppy finding a loving home and knowing the day inevitably came when Toto crossed the rainbow bridge - but years of happy memories between those two dates. Sigh. Happy Thanksgiving, Jim. We had ours a few weeks ago up here in Canada, early birds that we are.

 
At Thursday, November 22, 2018 6:24:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

A very sweet poem! Happy Thanksgiving, Jim, thanks so much for playing along. K.

 
At Thursday, November 22, 2018 11:28:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

What a great poem of the love of and for a dog. It is a pity they live such short lives, however there should be a lot of welcoming barks for me when I get upstairs!

 
At Friday, November 23, 2018 7:09:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa Victoria Kilmer said...

I'm so glad your poem had a happy ending.

 
At Friday, November 23, 2018 9:30:00 AM, Blogger annell4 said...

Such a very sweet poem!!

 
At Friday, November 23, 2018 3:05:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Such a lovely voice of that puppy... great perspective, and so happy he found a home with you.

 
At Saturday, November 24, 2018 6:11:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Lucky little Toto ...... to have found you.

 
At Saturday, November 24, 2018 9:03:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Oh, I love this so much, Jim!!! So sweet, so sweet and wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home