Thursday, September 13, 2018

Young Love ~~ a Poem "Made for Now"

Young Love; 
  I wanted him 

I had to lie about my age 
A big lie so he wouldn't go 
But I was in love that I know 
I wanted him to love me too 

We met there at the skating rink  
Tall and straight he, smoothly gliding 
Ladies' choice coyly I asked him 
Nestled in his arms we skated 

Asked me again around we went 
His body close to mine tingling 
Could he love me could I make him 
Make his urges boil, that I could 

Love me he did I knew I could 
Love will answer all when you're young 
 _ _ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2012 and 2018
 - I'm linked with Marian in the Imaginary Garden at  http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/09/made-for-now.html?m=1
 - Marian has two Janet Jackson songs on YouTube posted on the link above. I kind of liked her song of "Young love," that got me going.  It's lyrics,  https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/janetjackson/younglove.html


5 Comments:

At Friday, September 14, 2018 5:03:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Boiling, even at the ice skating pond. That's really something. I like being able to see all of this transpiring. :)

 
At Friday, September 14, 2018 6:02:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Sounds as though you can remember back to those days of our youth Jim. I don't know that I was ever that confident to say "Yes, I could" but it still worked out OK.

 
At Saturday, September 15, 2018 9:47:00 AM, Blogger Victoria Stuart said...

Ah, the sheer audacity of that big lie in the pursuit of love. This is precious, reminds me of my own misguided attempts to be loved and completely willing to misrepresent myself to achieve it. Such a brilliant snapshot of young love believing it can!

 
At Saturday, September 15, 2018 3:25:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Great boy meet girl.. there is music in such a meeting.

 
At Saturday, September 15, 2018 10:32:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

So it was and so it shall ever be. A story that keeps on repeating itself :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home