Sunday, September 16, 2018

a Sunday Poem -- Resistance

Resisting Change;
  double negatives 

I'm old and I don't want to change
Why then do you write those new forms
Sometimes yours are okay some flop
Mediocrity you are called

I'm old and I go with the flow
What others can do I can write
I've been told some aren't really poems
You think you write because that's you

I write for readers most of them
if I can.  Writing is fun when
some folks read and like what you wrote
For them I write, forest trees fall

To resist resisting's my game
Going with the flow I won't change
 _ _ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Brendan MacOdrum in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/09/weekend-challenge-resistance.html?m=1


Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Sunday, September 16, 2018 6:19:00 AM, Blogger Brendan said...

This is humble and clear and straight. That in itself is a resistance, to all the poetry that is not! Keep up the good work and enjoy the ride.

 
At Sunday, September 16, 2018 8:56:00 AM, Blogger Anmol (HA) said...

Not bringing about a deliberate change because of others' prodding and probing is a powerful form of resistance. One's poetic voice is one's own, use it for the effect that you want. To resist resisting is significant.
Well said.
-HA

 
At Sunday, September 16, 2018 11:06:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think not to change is a very strong resistance... but sometimes there is a contradiction of not changing and go with the flow isn't it?

 
At Sunday, September 16, 2018 4:41:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Smikes. I LOVE "i'm old and i dont want to change." Me, too. I totally love this poem.

 
At Sunday, September 16, 2018 4:42:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Smiles, that is.

 
At Monday, September 17, 2018 8:53:00 AM, Blogger annell4 said...

"Going with the flow," is the only way. Otherwise things are just toooooooo difficult. On the other hand, change is the only thing that is certain.

 
At Tuesday, September 18, 2018 10:36:00 AM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

And in this simple straight-forward path lies resistance. Good one, Jim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home