Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Colour my World -- a Poem for Tuesday

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tabor-roeder/16462767919

Composing with Color

Why do I use broken crayons to write
Colors in small pieces I've lost their names
Their wrappers are gone they're no longer proud
Now looking dull still for me they'll wax bright

It's for those bright hues on paper they leave
I'm inspired to fashion my morning thoughts
Evening ones too, even in midday's heat
Mournful sticks colorful hues they invoke

That the color shows through to those who read
That their thoughts and dreams can depart this world
Monocolored and ugly bit brightened
My hope for them those broken crayons bring

"Thanks" to those small naked pieces of wax
You have lightened the young and old and me 
 
 _ _ _ _
 
                           (more)

  - Photos and Poem Copyright, 2018 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
    (see above link for source of my PrintScreen Photo)
  - I'm linked with Pat (willow_switches) at the Real Toads, 
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/06/tuesday-platform-colour-world-in-words.html

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:00:00 AM, Blogger annell4 said...

Yes, I remember those crayons, I didn't like them at all. I liked new unused crayons. But of course you are right, "they'll wax bright." Your poem colors the world bright.

 
At Tuesday, June 12, 2018 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Even small bits can create colourful scenes. Cool one, Jim.

 
At Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had me right at the first stanza - what a way to just stop and swoop in and see the beauty for what it is, less than picture perfect - but whoop! it takes the brave heart and curious mind to say, hey, grab me this and let's play anyhow - because any colour is better than none at all.

fun poem Jim :)

 
At Tuesday, June 12, 2018 3:18:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think I need some crayons to feel happy again.

 
At Tuesday, June 12, 2018 11:31:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

I'm inspired to fashion my morning thoughts
Evening ones too, even in midday's heat

Colors have a way of extending its kaleidoscopic hues to dampen sadness and loneliness. If only one gives time for its presence, it is a good pay-off!

Hank

 
At Wednesday, June 13, 2018 2:08:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

The sadness of crayons for me was that favorite colours wore down too quickly leaving me with greens and browns (which I dare not use) with my colour blindness problem lest I be laughed at. It didn't help as they laughed anyway with seas and sands and skies but no trees or bushes or leaves anywhere!

 
At Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:17:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I always kept the small pieces of crayon and memorized their names, like an orange called 'bitter sweet' - the first oxymoron I learnt.

 
At Thursday, June 14, 2018 11:10:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Every house hold should have crayons with kids and without. Clever and colorful write Jim!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home