Saturday, May 26, 2018

another June Bug poem for the Weekend


 
June Bug I found
 
On one of my hybrid roses
Grew a green bug, in fact many
I asked around they all knew not
What nature of beast I had found
 
Some suggested I boil a few
Recommended this hot oil fad
Salt and pepper roast until brown
Scarf down like maggots on a fork
 
Down the hatch chased with sip of Coke
When the stomach rebels fake it
Soda cracker saltines will do
Next time pull the heads don't eat them
 
There will be no next time for me
Trusty sprayer bid "fly away"
 _ _ _ _

 - Photos and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2006 and 2018, All Rights Reserved 
   [photos originated with my SIL's father, posted on my blog 2006 ]

   [http://jimmiehov3.blogspot.com/2006/10/its-june-bug-no-its-red-october-bug.html ]

 - I'm linked with



Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Saturday, May 26, 2018 7:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at least you could see the humour in the situation, even for the unknown, and of course, the frustrations of trying to garden and grow - geeze, I mean, I know the latest trends are speaking of turning to the natural world as "food" (for all kinds of reasons) but personally, I'll stay clear of anything that bites back, even if it's already gone and perfectly prepared in the now. Besides, who's to say Karmic won't immediately speak/strike back? hope you figure out what these critters are.

fun poem Jim

 
At Saturday, May 26, 2018 10:01:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Once on my hands and knees in my garden i came nose to nose with a huge green THING with antennae that looked like it was from outer space. Scared me silly.

 
At Sunday, May 27, 2018 12:01:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

As much as I am fascinated by insects and bugs, I couldn't eat them! I've swallowed one or two little flies by accident... :)

 
At Sunday, May 27, 2018 2:09:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Hmm 😊 wont get clise enough to eat them. I would observe at a safe distance

Much♥️love

 
At Sunday, May 27, 2018 3:09:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

There will be no next time for me
Trusty sprayer bid "fly away

More or less a similar theme to Hank's, Dr Jim! Obviously it is acceptable cuisine in many countries in the East! (if the initial put-off can be overcome!)

Hank

 
At Sunday, May 27, 2018 5:27:00 AM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

"Gag!"...my cousin used to eat termites. They'd fly in with the rains (in Ethiopia), he'd pull off their wings...then into the frying pan! We'd just stare and scream intermittently (lol!)
Trusty sprayer for me....! I enjoyed this.

 
At Sunday, May 27, 2018 10:44:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Ha... they say that we should eat more bugs... but I would prefer not... but I like the spray less.

 
At Sunday, May 27, 2018 10:58:00 AM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Never been THAT hungry.

 
At Sunday, May 27, 2018 12:22:00 PM, Blogger annell4 said...

They do look scary!!

 
At Sunday, May 27, 2018 9:45:00 PM, Blogger Shannon Blood said...

There's the stuff of nightmare . . . ick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home