Saturday, April 28, 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018-28 -- Day 28, a story in Tanka format



A story of my two nice cars
 
Title say 'nice cars'
A Rambler and a Mustang
though some would debate
Family of six Mouths to feed
'60 Rambler Wagon fits
 
This car's sad demise
Rear ended some pokey guy
He stopped way too fast
My little Rambler's new home
Junk yard at the edge of town  

 
 

When I retired
I bought a present for me 
Pretty Mustang car
Black GT Convertible
Very fast the ladies liked
 
Top down thing for me
Two years old young lady owned
Mustangs for ladies
Now this car twenty years old
She's looking good for her age
 
 
  _ _ _ _

Photos and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved
 
 - I'm linked withat the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads; http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/04/fashion-me-your-words-to-fold-in-april.html 
 - (Gillena has another form new to most of us and would like for us to try it.  Time constraints on me said I should just write something for the 'April Poem a Day' stint and not worry about the form.  I might try it later.  So this is a four set Tanka form "poem" of sorts.)
 - (Her theme though, was Destruction, which fits the Rambler well and the Mustang also in that it goes very fast, I've had it up to 140 mph when she was younger.  Metal fatigue sets in and I will not drive it quite that fast any more.  It really is twenty years old, two when I bought it--a 1998 model, and now has seen 107K miles of highways.)
 - (The dog in the Mustang picture is Adi, my beagle friend.  She and I were a certified animal therapy team.  We visited mainly at an assisted living home.  Adi loved to visit the Alzheimer residents and they all loved her.  After petting her for a bit many would reminisce about the dog or dogs in their lives.  Many they said, were now living with their children.  Adi was also a Reading Dog, she loved to read with the children in the library and in school.  Adi died in 2012 at age 17.)

 - I'm also linked with the National Poem Write a Month for my NaPoWriMo, Day 28 Poem at http://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-eight-4/
 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Saturday, April 28, 2018 11:36:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Would certainly luv to read.your Fold when you write it Jim

Much🌼love

 
At Sunday, April 29, 2018 10:10:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Oh cars and men... (and I have a white sport's car).

 
At Sunday, May 06, 2018 1:25:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Love these, Jim. Cool Mustang!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home