Friday, April 20, 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018-20 -- Day 20, a Poem, Where I love to be


 
  P p places;
    Where I've been I've liked being there 
 
Song of old, song of my time
I've forgotten all the words
Even forgotten the gist
Ch ch changes* for a start
 
Changing places thing to do
Sounds romantic move away
London Paris know them well
New York City Florida
 
Been to all the Fifty States
Not Antarctica my lands
All Oceans and many Seas
Places to visit stay not
 
More places to go love I roam
Be a tourist then go home
Have another list for you
They're places I've lived before
 
Hill country farm growing up
Old Nebraska memories
Riding my horse to high school
Under arched trees on dirt road
 
Snow, lots of it long winters
Blizzards didn't stop our school
Horse drawn wagon Father drove
Later stuck my truck snow drifts
 
Summer work elbows and dah
Construction Indian friends
Detasseling corn school chums
Help on the farm all man jobs 

All's gone now done by machine
Friends have died or moved away
Family too most things have changed
(Nor El Paso, New Hampshire)
 
Wouldn't go there family's here
friends too been here fifty years
Golf year round** Houston-Fulshear-
Katy -- MY TOWN, I like it
 
(And Texas too!!)
(Nebraska, I rebelled)
 
    [youngest granddaughter is in our area also]
 _ _ _ _

  - Pictures and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved 
    .
  - I'm writing forat http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/04/april-20-say-names-of-places-you-love.html . Thank you, Sherry, this write may end up  one of my favorites, listing places that I love.  I've been to many.

  - I'm also linked to Day Twenty of the NaPoWriMo,  http://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-5/ If you click on the comments with links left or you can also try 'PARTICIPANTS SITES' link at the top of their page you can read the poems submitted by other bloggers.

 - NaPoWriMo today said, "Our prompt for the day (optional as always) takes its cue from Notley’s rebelliousness, and asks you to write a poem that involves rebellion in some way."

Notes: 
*   - Ch ch changes song by David Bowie, link.
** - The Houston Metropolitan Area has 163 golf courses.  It is also in the top 10 size ranking, and generally in most rankings by certain criteria it is in places three (3), four (4), or (5).  The population within Houston City limits is now 4th, 2.6 Million, and should catch up with Chicago by time for the 2020 U.S. Census.

.

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Friday, April 20, 2018 1:40:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I loved this, Jim. You have been to so many places. I am glad you found home.

 
At Friday, April 20, 2018 2:14:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

It sounds like a great place to name home and to have your family as well. I too have visited all 50 states and around the world. But you know they say: East or west, home's the best!

 
At Friday, April 20, 2018 6:57:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ah, you're a lover of the whole wide world and many places in it. I was thinking t hat I could also write a travel poem (in addition to the poem I did write) so as to include other names which I still love in memory.

 
At Friday, April 20, 2018 11:27:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

memories of travel are wonderful ... as is the home front. It is truly a blessing to be able to enjoy both.

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2018 5:28:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Thank you so much Dr Jim. You are a pal. Hank must make sure to recheck every time, the next time.Cheers!

Hank

 
At Saturday, April 21, 2018 10:51:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think finding the place where you love to live is what everyone wants.

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2018 4:58:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Great memories, Jim!

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2018 6:04:00 AM, Blogger Paul John Dear said...

A song of memories. Well penned Jim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home