Wednesday, April 25, 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018-25 -- Day 25, the virtuous sloth, not

Oh good heavens pray to the Lord
I've been accused. A Deadly Sin 
has been scattered across four Seas

and has landed where children go
They're young and innocent. Naïve
about their soul and Deadly Sin

Started out like a normal day
Alarm clock sounding with real chimes
Chimes of Westminster Cathedral

They lulled me to back to peaceful sleep  
Seeing me the children followed
They soon were sleeping too, deep sleep

The children slept one eye open
With that eye they saw blissful rest
Mocking me they too did as I

The priest came knocking at our door
Intending to warn spirits gone
Flip flopping on our beds he saw

How easy the slothfull doth sleep
And it's  catching too-Virtues gone
 _ _ _ _

I'm linked with Rommy at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/04/virtue-or-vice.html?m=1
And also with the NaPoWriMo at http://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-five-4/

Rommy asked, "I would like you to consider virtues and vices, or more specifically the Seven Deadly Sins or the Seven Heavenly Virtues.
The Seven Deadly Sins are Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy and Pride.
The Seven Heavenly Virtues are Chastity, Temperance, Charity, Diligence, Patience, Kindness and Humility.
Your poem must include at least one of the names of the Virtues or Vices".

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 25, 2018 7:37:00 PM, Blogger Rommy said...

I used to wish my children could be made to go to sleep simply because I pretended to be asleep. Of course now that they are teens, they're impossible to wake up. :D

 
At Thursday, April 26, 2018 2:58:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I think this is a great virtue... let people sleep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home