Tuesday, June 05, 2018

After the Rain ~~ a Poem for the Aging

After the rain

'Twas after the rain, you had come
Mother had let us out to play
Went through my junk, founď things that float
Float we did, regular junket

'Twas after the rain, Saturday
You called me in, said let us play
Hot steamy out there, cool inside
We played, soon hot steamy in there

'Twas after the rain, in the home
Parked by the window, left me there
Watch the puddles dry, can't get out
Glad you stopped by, do I know you
 _ _ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, 2018 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with the Real Toads at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/06/fifty-shades-of-rain.html?m=1
 - I'm linked with Sanaa Rizvi at The Imaginary Garden, http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-tuesday-platform.html?m=1
 - Ugo, Japanese for "after rain" per Toni Spencer at kanzensakura.wordpress.com

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 05, 2018 9:31:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Such a delightful poem, Jim!

 
At Tuesday, June 05, 2018 3:40:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

A wonderful poem! thank you and thank you for the acknowledgement.

 
At Tuesday, June 05, 2018 6:50:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Watch the puddles dry, can't get out
Glad you stopped by, do I know you

One often wonders how one is protected. Help seems to come from all quarters without prior indication. It could be from total strangers. Providence or is it Karma that plays a hand to reward the good guys?


Hank

 
At Wednesday, June 06, 2018 9:38:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

The last line made me think of my mother. She had Alzheimer's. She rarely smiled in her last days, didn't know me, but there was that sense of appreciation I took time to visit her. I hope your knee heals soon. Scary to know things like that can "just happen."

 
At Wednesday, June 06, 2018 2:58:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I just wish that there would be any rain... we need it so much at the moment. I could live with having to watch the puddles dry-

 
At Wednesday, June 06, 2018 7:22:00 PM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

This is beautiful...yet ended so sadly. I hope I keep my memories till the end.

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2018 9:58:00 AM, Blogger annell4 said...

A good poem, time passes, and then what do we really know?

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2018 10:06:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

This reminds me of my childhood rainy days spent with a friend, waiting for the sun to come out.

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2018 11:27:00 AM, Blogger tonispencer said...

A new comment on this poem. This is a wonderful use of the "after the rain". A bit sad. My mother died of complications from Alzheimers, just last June. I hope your knee heals quickly!

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2018 3:19:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Ah, the different ages, looking out at the rain. I am getting ever closer to the last stanza.

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2018 3:22:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Love the question posed in your last line ... enjoyed all of it!

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2018 11:45:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I remember hot summer days when a gentle rain would arrive - we would ride our horses bareback. WOnderulf memories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home