Thursday, June 14, 2018

a "What makes" poem for Thursday


 
What makes the wind blow
 
What do you think makes the wind blow
I'm not worrying about that,
I don't even know what makes wind
Well smarty pants even fools know,
God in his Glory made the wind
 
Smarty pants you, why does it stop,
you think God makes it start each time
Course not, He made it self starting
Well maybe that's the way all is
and I can buy that, He's real smart
 
I dare say that we've solved the problems
of the world, now what's there to eat
 _ _ _ _ _

  - Photo and Poem Copyright, © 2018 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
  - I'm linked with Karin, aka of the Real Toads at 
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/06/what-the.html (read more there at this link)

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At Thursday, June 14, 2018 2:39:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Wind is formed from a butterfly... we all know that.

 
At Thursday, June 14, 2018 3:09:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is absolutely splendid, Jim 💜

 
At Thursday, June 14, 2018 4:06:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Haha. What's there to eat--it is so funny to land on that after the world problems are ostensibly solved--There's wind and there's what is there to eat! It is a bit like the fight between philosophy, religion, and the practical needs of the moment! Thanks, Jim. Hope all is well. k.

 
At Thursday, June 14, 2018 6:48:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

I can remember conversations similar to that in my childhood. It certainly showed me how to focus on the important thingss in life.

 
At Thursday, June 14, 2018 9:18:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Ha, this made me smile. The wind is a self-starter, and what's to eat?

 
At Friday, June 15, 2018 10:09:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Dear Jim,

I am so sorry to hear about your knee! I too have knee issues--they don't seem as serious as yours, but I understand already how painful that joint can be. I am very sorry to hear that yours is troubling you. Take care and I do hope that you are able to get outside at least and feel the wind and hear the birds. All best, k.

 
At Friday, June 15, 2018 12:54:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Oh Jim, if problems were this easy to solve! Take care.

 
At Friday, June 15, 2018 2:43:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Wind as a self-starter - love that. But after all, we do have to eat.

 
At Saturday, June 16, 2018 8:55:00 AM, Blogger annell4 said...

If only it was so easy....as we grow it seems the world becomes more complex, and questions not so easy to answer. But I guess if you don't know, it is good to blame it on God.

 
At Sunday, June 17, 2018 3:53:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

...gather 'round the dinner table at the end of each day, whatever it brings. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home