Sunday, April 22, 2018

NaPoWriMo 2018-22 -- Day 22, Don't say "Can't", at least not to me



Wild ideas for Day 22;
  "Can'ts," by definition;
   Disputed by the Engineer
   bred into your writer,
   and that's "them" saying that

The sun can’t rise in the west
That's by definition
   Best watched in a mirror
   that's faced the other way

A circle can’t have corners
That's by definition,
   Traffic circle with a
   corner or two or three
  (look for when you travel)

Pigs can’t fly
That's by definition,
   My pigs fly United

The clock can’t strike thirteen
That's by definition
   I can build one that does

The stars cannot rearrange themselves in the Universe
That's by definition
Already done by God
   But we can change their names

A mouse can’t eat an elephant
That's by definition
   Actually can, bite by bite


 _ _ _ _
 
Photos and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved

 - I'm linked with NaPoWriMo2018m Day 22, http://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-two-4/ 
  - I'm also linked with Susie Clevenger at The Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Poets of April, http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/04/poets-of-april.html?m=1 
 
Notes: 
(1)  At the Poetry site, National NaPoWriMo2018, this was my prompt for today:  
Basically "visualize" an idea, deemed by those lucky souls who can, to be impossible.  (There was a list and I chose all of them--but then I only wrote a line or two for each.)  Then write telling how they may not be true.  To me since I don't visualize well they are possible.  Always then the final command is to "WRITE."  I like to write, I picked them all, giving each one verse.  (Their saying written above are in Italics.)
Happy writing!
(2)  The pigs are two of my toy pigs.  The top pig was given to me by our Vetenarian one day when he visited.  I was fairly young then.  The bottom pig is a door stop.  Mrs. Jim gave it to me, I cannot remember the occasion.  I had written about the pigs in a 2008 blog,
http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2008/09/this-pig-wearing-lipstick-and-that-our.html.  

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At Sunday, April 22, 2018 4:57:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Well, I won't say "can't." Thanks for reminding me not to put so much can't into my day, and thank you for sharing this!

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2018 5:40:00 PM, Blogger Ellecee said...

Love this,,, my brother used to say “I’ll decide” and so you have. Nothing is written in stone (well, maybe some things). Well done :-)

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2018 6:31:00 PM, Blogger shadowprancer said...

I like how you tackled all of the phrases!

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2018 7:35:00 PM, Blogger Shannon Blood said...

Lovely!

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2018 8:57:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

Your last stanza made me grin hugely.

 
At Tuesday, April 24, 2018 12:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

take something and turn it on its ear! that's a spirit worth embracing ~ I think I can, I think I can, and yes, I can - way to go Jim!

 
At Thursday, April 26, 2018 6:38:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I enjoyed the wise poem, and I adore the pigs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home