Tuesday, May 24, 2016

First Grader soon to be Second ~~ a poem for Tuesday Platform

First Grader soon to be Second

Do you remember your first grade
What was your favorite subject
Today some 'ung words' brought to me
By First Grader soon be Second

I liked her list she'd made at school
She knew them all, I wished to talk
Talk about most all past tense verbs
Participles, needing some haves

One, the Brung, was past archaic
None of that was in her interest
Nor did she care, Rung a noun too 
As was the Lung, no verb at all 

Lets play she said, school it'd be
She's the teacher with her dry board
"The atomic weight of silver,
She spoke as she wrote, is, "28..."

First Grader soon to be Second
She was impressed by its symbol,  
abbreviation, was "Ag"
Period chart?  Science.  Arts?
_ _ _
 
Photo and Poem Copyright © 2016 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
 
Today I'm linked with 
 

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 25, 2016 2:21:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Sounds like a bright child, to me!

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2016 5:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1st grader soon to be second, wow. You better pay attention in class, Jim. This is sweet.

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2016 5:31:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

I love this poem, Jim. It's cute, of course, but your verses really work too so it stands on its own. Brung! A favorite. :)

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2016 11:49:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

Maybe it is the teacher in me which makes my smile so broad to read this poem. Thanks, Jim.

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2016 1:49:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Lovely to understand how bright children can be... reminds me to use brung in a poem sometimes.

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2016 6:42:00 PM, Blogger Stacie Eirich said...

Jim this is a sweet dedication to a child whom you must be so proud of! Makes me both happy and a little sad to see my own soon to be first and third graders move on up. The work they do now is far ahead of where I was at their ages--times have changed and expectations are so high. We will be there to love them, encourage them--and write about their journeys right? ;) thanks for sharing...

 
At Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:52:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Ha. So funny. So cool. Thanks, Jim. And thanks for your kind comments re my husband's painting. The original is more blue, which is lovely. Take care, . k.

 
At Thursday, May 26, 2016 6:45:00 PM, Blogger Bekkie Sanchez said...

I don't know, she sounds like she could become a poet learning all those words that rhyme.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home