Monday, April 25, 2016

NaPoWriMo 2016, Day # 25 ~~ Where Do I Come From?


From Where did I Come?

I came from sperm-rich egg hatched in the sea
It was the day of Molly and just me
You say, well now how on earth can that be
It wasn't, Silly, I was from the sea

A sea urchin not at his very best
Now grounded amidst pillars man behest
Brick and boards, mortar and nails, all the rest  
I do hope that you'll keep this to your chest
 _ _ _ _ _ _

Photo and Poem Copyright © 2016 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

I'm linked with Susie Clevenger at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Where Do I Come From? 

5-10-2016: again with the Toads, Tuesday Platform

The photo was taken last year in Eidfjord, Norway (link).  We were on a cruise in May 2015 after the graduation of our granddaughter, BP, from High School in London.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 26, 2016 4:18:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Ha... there are days I truly have urchin feels... a beat of brine inside.. love how far you got back

 
At Tuesday, April 26, 2016 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Love the form. I agree with Bjorn, I have those "urchin" days. Thanks so much for writing for the prompt!

 
At Tuesday, May 10, 2016 1:13:00 PM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I like this one, Jim. Where we come from is quite an unsolved mystery. I like the idea of coming from the sea.

 
At Tuesday, May 10, 2016 6:42:00 PM, Blogger Buddah Moskowitz said...

This was a fun read. Thanks.

 
At Wednesday, May 11, 2016 12:25:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Thank you for sharing your secret self!

 
At Wednesday, May 11, 2016 9:21:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

The form really works well here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home