Sunday, April 03, 2016

NaPoWriMo 2016 , Day Three ~~ The Toy Gun ~~ a Poem for Flash 55 PLUS!



 
 
 
 
 
The Toy Gun
 
Found while digging for treasure
behind ancient home
Mother never let me have a toy gun
rhymed with murder mystery on TV
 
Now I have a classic of my own 
but no mother to see
Her feelings won't be hurt
dead, she'll never know
 
This one's oxidized and cannot shoot
that would please Mother now



 
Photos and Poem Copyright © 2016 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved 
 
Today I am linked with Kerry O'Conner at Flash 55 Plus,
meaning write a poem using exactly 55 words which I did.  The title is extra.
 
The "Plus" is to involve Classic in some way.  Mainly Kerry was talking about Classic written work, music, or art.  But classic toys are also in demand and are collectable. 
Per the picture above of the gun for sale on eBay, it is a Classic Hubbley Toy Derringer Pistol.  I did find this one on an old homestead, it is vintage (link),  made of a diecast zinc alloy.  The  gun on top here was offered for $29.95 on eBay.  Mine is not worth very much in its poor condition. 
 
I'm writing a Poem a Day (PAD), trying for the whole month of April again. I did it last year, but ...  So I'm linked to NaPoWriMo 2016 for that.
 

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Monday, April 04, 2016 12:02:00 AM, Blogger grapeling said...

my mom didn't like guns, either ~

 
At Monday, April 04, 2016 12:43:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I think yours has more character and shows how toys were built to last.

 
At Monday, April 04, 2016 3:10:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

It's gorgeous! My little brother had one like that.

 
At Monday, April 04, 2016 3:12:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

PS We were taught never to point a toy gun at anyone. But this of course was a cap gun, which was hard to mistake for the real thing.

 
At Monday, April 04, 2016 6:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yes,no mother would allow that,i guess.
May be you could sell it in antiques ;)
Well am also in for the Napowrimo...do check me out at https://uniqusatya.wordpress.com/

 
At Monday, April 04, 2016 7:06:00 AM, Blogger Other Mary said...

Oh, my mom was a crack shot. Somehow though I grew up to dislike guns, even though I am a pretty good shot myself.

 
At Monday, April 04, 2016 8:08:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Ha. Glad to hear it's oxidized! (So am I.) k.

 
At Monday, April 04, 2016 9:11:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

I had no toy guns but did learn to shoot real ones as a kid. Haven't shot anything since then. :)

 
At Monday, April 04, 2016 11:46:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

We have a tiny toy gun that belonged to my husband's father. Yours looks like a real treasure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home