Friday, April 08, 2016

NaPoWriMo 2016, Day # 8 ~~ Pioneer Woman

I married a real pioneer woman
She'd lived alone with her dog several years
Self sufficient she was wasn't needing me
Why then did she marry me I don't know

- - - 

Poem Copyright © 2016 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

Sherry Blue Sky, in the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, In the Footsteps of the Suffragates, (link)' gave us this challenge, "Write a bout about a woman, past or present, who embodies the concept of personal freedom to you."


Also I'm writing a Poem a Day (PAD), trying for the whole month of April again. I did it last year, but ...  So I'm linked to NaPoWriMo 2016 for that.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At Friday, April 08, 2016 5:19:00 PM, Blogger Ellecee said...

I have lost so many relationships in my life when my desired partner said I didn't "need" them. What I needed was my own special advocate and his love. I'll bet that's what your wife wanted too and received. Lucky her :-)

 
At Friday, April 08, 2016 5:54:00 PM, Blogger De Jackson said...

I WAS that woman. ;) And trust me, I 'need' my hubby, plenty. ;)

 
At Friday, April 08, 2016 6:35:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

This made me smile, Jim. But I think Mrs Jim is pretty happy with her choice.

 
At Friday, April 08, 2016 6:37:00 PM, Blogger Myrna R. said...

Somewhere, deep within, you do know. You're both very lucky.

 
At Friday, April 08, 2016 7:35:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

A woman who is content in her own skin will always be content with a good man. That says something about you, too.

 
At Friday, April 08, 2016 7:37:00 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

interesting !

 
At Friday, April 08, 2016 8:02:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Ha. Love the ending. A lot of fun. k.

 
At Friday, April 08, 2016 8:53:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

It's a wonderful thing to marry not for neediness but in freedom and true equality.

 
At Saturday, April 09, 2016 2:23:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Intriguing..!

 
At Saturday, April 09, 2016 11:10:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Best reason to marry... whenever there is need there is a risk that love will be dependence

 
At Thursday, April 14, 2016 3:31:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

One may be asking questions that are not likely to have answers. Marriage is such that emotional factors rule more in decision making! Thoughtful words Dr Jim!

Hank

 

Post a Comment

<< Home