Sunday, May 22, 2016

A 'Play it Again poem' ~~ Street Poetry/Library Poetry


Hell Bent

Dead before dying
Slip of the knife, Devil's Peak
Down don't bother me
_ _ _

Photo and Poem Copyright © 2016 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

Today I'm linked with Sherry at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Play it Again, Toads.

 - Sherry wants us to choose  past prompt to write for again,  I choose Susie Clevenger's heart rendering prompt, Street Poetry.  She told of a young lady sitting on the streets she met in San Juan Puerto Rico who was selling poems that she would write while you waited.
 - Her challenge was posted as Poems In April ~ Taking It To The Streets in which I am now linking this poem.
 - I substituted 'Library' for Street' in writing mine, as I captured the lines for the lines of my Senryū form called a Spine Poem from the shelves of the Willis, Texas, public library.  Or was it the Katy, Ft. Bend Country Library, I can't remember?
 - Then I left the little stack I photographed sitting on the library shelf when I left. I doubt anyone else enjoyed my poem and I have been waiting to post it here.  Sherry gave me the chance to post it for you to read.  I do this quite often when I visit libraries, most are probably better quality than this one.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At Sunday, May 22, 2016 1:23:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

That's the darkness of the street, urban jungle it is said.

 
At Sunday, May 22, 2016 1:56:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

This is so cool, Jim. What a great idea. i hope there are those who recognize the spine poem when they see it. i bet it makes them smile.

 
At Sunday, May 22, 2016 10:35:00 AM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh this works so well, Jim, for street poetry as well as spine poetry. "Down Dont Bother Me" sums up the harsh life of the streets so well.

 
At Monday, May 23, 2016 12:00:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I love spine poems, Jim. And turning it into senryū is just brilliant!

 
At Monday, May 23, 2016 12:07:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

It's a terrific spine poem and senryu – and I so love that you do that invlibraries!

 
At Monday, May 23, 2016 12:15:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

This is so cool.

 
At Monday, May 23, 2016 12:22:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

* in libraries

 
At Monday, May 23, 2016 5:39:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

What a clever take on a senryu!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home