Friday, November 13, 2015

A Challenge Poem ~~ Bits of Inspiration




"The Bridesmaid" 

You see, dear, I married a heel.  I don't wish that for you, no way. My words for you "Dear, make sure."  Pay heed, what you see, what you feel.  He's at his best right now, won't change.  I thought he would because of love. The heel is after what he wants.  I've cried my pillow wet, tear soaked. But tears won't change one bit, not him.  Think twice before you say "I do." Not like me so late, eating words   My "I do" has become "I don't." 

Poem Copyright © 2015 Jimmiehov. All Rights Reserved

Picture from Susie Clevenger' excellent blog post,  Bits of Inspiration ~ Capturing Thoughts
It is of a painting of John Everett Millais (June 8 1829 – August 13, 1896, called called "The Bridesmaid". The bridesmaid will be a close friend of the bride. If the bridesmaid has a message to tell, very likely it will be some sound advice garnered eithe by her experience or from her intiuition.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At Saturday, November 14, 2015 9:06:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

What a splendid voice for the painting. Mixed in with rings, flowers, celebration is a warning, a reality check. Thanks so much for taking part in the challenge!

 
At Saturday, November 14, 2015 10:09:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

He's at his best right now, won't change.

More young brides need to pay heed to these words.

 
At Saturday, November 14, 2015 10:29:00 AM, Blogger Ella said...

You seared me with the ending! So, well said-yes, "pay heed" and beware of heels-their soles, I mean souls are thin! Love your take on the prompt, Jim~ Well Said!

 
At Sunday, November 15, 2015 1:12:00 PM, Blogger Rommy said...

There's a rhythm to this that gives it the feel of a cautionary folk rhyme. Mother Goose for the Sadder but Wiser.

 
At Sunday, November 15, 2015 5:15:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

Oh dear! Your words are too true. Now people maybe can escape--but not so easy in Millais' time. And you are so right about not changing people--only choice really is to accept and then figure out what comes next! Thanks, Jim. k.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home