Saturday, September 13, 2014

Artistic Challenge Poem, Ruby

Ruby was, Ruby is

Ruby is my stone, Ruby was my love
I didn't pick her, Ruby picked moi
Ruby was keen on me when I was young
Not old in years, but older than her years
 
We'd known each other, it seemed a long while
Then that night, one that boys do remember 
Ruby's gone away, no way I'll find her
Though Ruby picked me, I didn't pick her
 
She left a rock, rock no one else can have
Placed near my heart I keep it there for her

- - - - - -

Poem Copyright, © 2014 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

Picture courtesy Wikipedia, picture link,  http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0d/Ruby_cristal.jpg/640px-Ruby_cristal.jpg (Wikipedia Ruby Article link)

- - - - - 
 
Today I'm linked with
 
 

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Saturday, September 13, 2014 8:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think deep red ruby is perfect for this tale and the perfect camouflage to hid in the heart. Nicely Jim

 
At Saturday, September 13, 2014 10:32:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

A heart as cold as ruby would be the perfect place..

 
At Saturday, September 13, 2014 11:36:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

One of my favorite teenage songs ~ Dion and the Belmonts. Memories ... "Now I love this girl I said-a Ruby is her name .. when this girl looks at me she just sets my soul aflame"

 
At Saturday, September 13, 2014 12:23:00 PM, Blogger Grace said...

I love that color...and that ruby picking you instead ~ A sentimental write and I did read that you know no one named Ruby, smiles ~

 
At Sunday, September 14, 2014 11:28:00 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

I wouldn't have known this really if I hadn't gone to the exhibit - but Minerals are different than gemstones. :) But don't worry - you didn't know. - and a poet can kiss and tell - it's all about how we write about it - no need of names - :) I will be doing a prompt next month on the gemstones and jewelry I photographed.

 
At Monday, September 15, 2014 11:45:00 PM, Blogger audrey` said...

Ruby has a very rich colour, Dr & Mrs Jim :)

 
At Thursday, September 18, 2014 9:36:00 PM, Blogger carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful word response to the Ruby challenge ~ universal love ~ Happy Weekend !

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home