Thursday, July 18, 2024

Toast with cheese and hot chocolate -- a Poem for Friday Writings #136

 Magaly has invited us to write poetry or prose inspired by Grace Lee Boggs’s (read URL link below) quote, “We can begin by doing small things…”  Lots of possibilities here? 

Pictures copyright Jimmiehov 2024

   Twelve little pieces 

Twelve little pieces 
that there should be but, 
Eleven this time 

They have a purpose? 
slathered with creme cheese 
Yummy by itself 

But there's more to come 
Jar, strawberry jam 
Hot chocolate to drink 

Fork does the dabbing 
dabbing and dipping 
smearing white with red 

Yummier now still 
Small things together 
Dainty breakfast comes

Yes, “We can begin 
by doing small things…” 
. .

 
Pictures copyright Jimmiehov 2024

- Photos and poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2024, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am Linked with Magaly at Friday Writings #136,     https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/ 
.. 

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At Friday, July 19, 2024 1:59:00 AM, Anonymous Rajani said...

Cream cheese and jam... good breakfast... I'm off all sugar but I can remember the taste!!!

 
At Friday, July 19, 2024 3:01:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, that's the kind of small things I like too! (Though now I'm Vegan I'll use a cream cheese substitute.)

 
At Saturday, July 20, 2024 9:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK I am pleased now that I know that you understand about strawberry jam and it can only be Bonne Maman...Yes...hope the Cheese is French too:)...Rall

 
At Monday, July 22, 2024 4:31:00 AM, Blogger alan1704 said...

dabbing and dripping - love it- great image

 
At Monday, July 22, 2024 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

That's a lovely use of the small things prompt!

 
At Thursday, July 25, 2024 12:25:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

What you described is no small thing and now I am very hungry for I skipped breakfast this morning ... trying to achieve some measure of intermittent fasting. Creme cheese and raspberry jam on half a bagel for me.

 
At Thursday, July 25, 2024 7:31:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Love the combo, Jim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home