Monday, June 10, 2024

Figment gone wild -- for dVerse Quadrille #203

   Can't Win All


Tell you little figment bout

my imagination wild 


Was a little boy again 

getting the cows to come in 


Birdie, workhorse disliked me

concerned for the cows' freedom 


Walked over and kicked me good 

in the back I was bedridden 


I limp still today

   _ _ _ 


 - I am linked with Lillian hosting at dVerse Quadrille #203, (must be exactly 44 word poem) and this one contain the word "figment" 
 - Click here to read the others posting for this week's Quadrilles
..



Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At Monday, June 10, 2024 9:08:00 PM, Anonymous lillian said...

That's quite the country tale told in only 44 words!

 
At Tuesday, June 11, 2024 10:21:00 AM, Blogger Dora said...

Jim, Birdie sounds like she had some strong opinions she just had to share in this "little figment."

 
At Tuesday, June 11, 2024 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Well I will brag a bit ~~ never had any difficulty bringing four cows back from the pasture to the barn. Even had to cross a narrow, shallow creek. They loved me.

 
At Tuesday, June 11, 2024 2:39:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

There are those things that will leave a mark forever.

 
At Wednesday, June 12, 2024 4:57:00 PM, Anonymous JadeLi said...

Jim, I hope that is only a figment. If not, you are blessed you're still alive and walking at all. Um, if a work horse kicked my child like that I'd send it to the glue factory, no joke! So sorry you were harmed as a child, with continuing reminders of it with the pain.

 
At Saturday, June 15, 2024 3:04:00 PM, Blogger Penelope Notes said...

It does seem a bit unfair for a bug to get swatted when it was simply behaving in the way it was meant to. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home