Friday, July 12, 2024

Nasty COVID -- a Poem for Friday Writings

Ducks don't get COVID -- or do they??
(Muscovy duck likes our yard)


Blogging friend many years 
back before husband died 
Now she has the COVID 
I hope it leaves sound 
COVID is bad.  Troubles 
could leave her with some ails 

I'll tell you of mine, mean 
I've lost my sense of smell, 
sense of taste, and runnies 
There's wet stuff from my mouth 
and from my nose and lungs 
A perpetual cough plagues me 

Then too I forget names 
names of folks and places 
Stuck with poor memory 
forgetful many things 
where we've been, what we did 
how we do it, with who 

So "R Mary," hoping 
Hoping better than mine 
_ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright 2024 all Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Magaly and Rosemary for my Friday Writings #135 poem, here 
..

9 Comments:

At Friday, July 12, 2024 11:09:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I do hope your friend gets well soon. I had COVID last year. I lost my sense of smell, couldn't tell the cat box was dirty! Good thing my dog doesn't care. One of my children, 30s, had it twice. This year has hung on into what I guess is "long COVID." Had to leave school, quit work, move back with me for a while.
Cute duck. I haven't seen a Muscovy in years.

 
At Saturday, July 13, 2024 7:34:00 AM, Blogger colleen said...

It sounds like a hostage letter, held hostage by covid. I hope we all be well soon!

 
At Saturday, July 13, 2024 11:01:00 AM, Blogger Penelope Notes said...

You poem describes it well. A good reminder that Covid is with us still and a danger to the health of many. :/

 
At Saturday, July 13, 2024 11:09:00 PM, Anonymous Rajani said...

Long covid is horrible, a friend of mine is suffering now, two years after she got sick. Hope you feel better, Jim and hope R Mary recovers well too. And everyone else that Covid has caused so much trouble for.

 
At Sunday, July 14, 2024 11:06:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

COVID is a thief that keeps on taking even when it's supposed to be gone. Sorry it's taken so much from you. Cancer treatment changed the way certain things taste to me. I'm still trying to get used to it. Some things, I'll never eat again.

 
At Monday, July 15, 2024 7:40:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Thanks for your caring thoughts, dear Jim. Yes, we have been reading each other a long time now! I have always valued your kindness and wisdom.
My son has had COVID three times, with effects like yours, and says he is resigned to the fact that his new normal is 'to feel like crap all the time.' I wish you had both had it easier! It seems that I am getting out of it fairly lightly, without such nasty side-effects – for which I am very thankful indeed.

 
At Monday, July 15, 2024 9:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I wasn't writing poems then. You have been like a mentor for me. I saw you through your very tough time too. Jim
..

 
At Tuesday, July 16, 2024 12:35:00 PM, Blogger jossina said...

Hope you recover soon .... and my wishes like yours for Mary too... Get well soon. Lovely write

 
At Wednesday, July 17, 2024 7:51:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Oh Jim, I hope there is an end to this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home