Saturday, January 03, 2015

Coolness

Credits: photo
Oh to be cool
Hot days dream of icy lake
Skate into the spray
_ _ _

Poem Copyright, © 2015 Jimmiehov

Today I'm linked with  
at Carpe Diem Special #125, Sogi's first "this autumn sky"

Kristjaan wants us to write in the vein opened by Iio Sogi, a pre-Basho haiku poet.  Here is a model for us, one of his works (I believe that his early copyright has expired by now). 

ah, for coolness,
it rivals the water's depth -
this autumn sky


© Iio Sogi (1421-1502)
_ _ _

(in my PJs)
 .
Me?  I got cooled off
just going out this morning
getting the paper

 

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Saturday, January 03, 2015 2:33:00 PM, Blogger Janice said...

Chuckling about PJs. Love skating into the spray.

 
At Saturday, January 03, 2015 11:21:00 PM, Blogger Chèvrefeuille said...

It's a joy to visit your blog Jim ... I am always surprised with your wonderful, but extraordinary, responses on the prompts at CDHK. Really this haiku are aweome and I like the humor in it

 
At Wednesday, January 21, 2015 10:42:00 PM, Blogger audrey` said...

It has been very cooling and windy in Singapore lately, Dr & Mrs Jim :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home