Sunday, October 13, 2013

.


Missed the Mail;
a her and him piece

Post carrier has come and gone
Just a little bit late today
I missed it big, nothing for you
May I e-mail my note of love

I will still love you when you're late
There's nothing witty I can say
Pining away, I miss you so
This is my e-mailed note with love

- - - - - -

Picture and Poem Copyright
 © 2013 Jimmiehov.
All Rights Reserved


Note:  I'm not late a lot, at least for the important things.  Most of them.  I'm most infamous for being an hour late for Mrs. Jim's and my wedding.  That was unfortunate and not very much my fault.  It happened over forty years ago so I think the marriage took. (Read more about all that here)
 
Shared and listed with Real Toads, Open Link Monday.
For  "Tuesday Two-Shoes"
the October 15th writing prompt words
are Loud and/or Late.
Josie Said, "Have Fun!" (Link)

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At Monday, October 14, 2013 12:51:00 AM, Blogger Kay L. Davies said...

She'll still love you if you're late with anything, if she loved you after being an hour late for the wedding. LOL
I love the photo, too, Jim.
K

 
At Monday, October 14, 2013 1:03:00 AM, Blogger Vandana Sharma said...

Love can conquer anything:)

 
At Monday, October 14, 2013 9:42:00 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Great pic. Mail times and latenesses have haunted my life so I doubly appreciate this little poem.

 
At Monday, October 14, 2013 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

This is a delightfully whimsical piece.

 
At Monday, October 14, 2013 2:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, so sweet. I'm sure she understands.

 
At Monday, October 14, 2013 8:07:00 PM, Blogger audrey` said...

Those were the days without email, Dr Jim :)

 
At Monday, October 14, 2013 9:13:00 PM, Blogger Ella said...

Oh, yes that kind of mail that whispers history n' magic!
:D

 
At Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:18:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Forgiving is a beautiful thing! Mrs Jim is a wonderful lady then!. Nicely Dr Jim!

Hank

 
At Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:19:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

I think everyone has an interesting anecdote about their wedding that many will remember long after the celebrations with embarrassment. For some reason every wedding picture has me with a clenched fist; I think I was nervous!
I wonder whether young lovers print out their emails to each and tie them up with ribbon?

 
At Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:44:00 PM, Blogger Kathie Brown said...

Jim, I love your sense of humor! and I am glad you found Real Toads. I just discovered them a few weeks ago and I hope to participate again soon. An hour late for your own wedding? I thought only the brides were late! I will have to go read the story now!

 
At Saturday, October 19, 2013 10:14:00 PM, Blogger JosephAlsarraf said...

Cool, I like the mailbox. That's ok, you had a good reason. I'm glad that you didn't get pulled over by the cops! 120 miles per hour is the normal speed here in Houston, TX.
: )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home