Friday, September 05, 2008

SkyWatch Friday (my eighth) -- Over the bridge and up through the trees

You can click on any picture for large, for super sized push the SS link.

[Super sized]

My friend John hosted our Montgomery Country Early Ford V-8 Club meeting at his home. Many of us drove our old Fords there. It was a beautiful setting there in John's front yard.

[super sized]

I helped John raise this windmill, a lot of us did. To See my earlier blog about the mill raising,
click here.


[super sized]

I took the first two with Skywatch in mind. That sky was so pretty on this July summer Texas day! This picture I wanted the windmill, lake, and lawn. The boat is extra.




Super sized: [the setting] [the cars] [the food]

Here is setting. Most of our cars were parked on he other side of the lake. My car, a 1950 Ford Deluxe Tudor was absent. I came in with the '98 Mustang GT convertible. For sure this was a top-down day.

The cars for our club are Fords, from 1932 when the Flathead V-8 engine was introduced through 1953 when this engine was replaced with an overhead valve V-8 engine.

Of course we ate, the Jim Bunch always eats (
link). We had BBQ brisket and chicken, potato salad, beans, chips and an awfully lot of fattening desert. Plus drinks from water to tea to all the popular soda drinks.


Super sized: [1953 Ford] [1934 Ford front] [1934 Ford rear]

On the left is a nice 1953 Ford Sunliner Convertible, the newest car for the Club. The cars just have to fit these years, '32-'53, I would like to have a 1952 or 1953 Ford Six-cylinder. This is a more modern overhead valve engine with a lot less problems.

The other car is a 1934 Ford Three-Window Coupe, front and rear. Today no one brought a 1932 Ford, the oldest for our club. My friend John sold his very nice 1932 Five-Window Coupe (little duece coupe) with a rumble seat. This 1934 Ford Coupe has a trunk instead of a rumble seat.

Our Club is affiliated with the national Early Ford V-8 Club of America (link). Each of us is a member in the national organization. I am a charter member of the Montgomery Club as well.

Tag: Skywatch participants and How To Have Your Own Skywatch

Labels: , , , ,

19 Comments:

At Thursday, September 04, 2008 2:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice sky series...

Please drop at my SWF post also: in here and here Thanks

 
At Thursday, September 04, 2008 2:52:00 PM, Blogger Sandee said...

Love the photos Jim, not a Ford fan though. Okay, I admit it I drive a Mercedes. Have a great SkyWatch Friday pal. :)

 
At Thursday, September 04, 2008 2:59:00 PM, Blogger Rune Eide said...

A lively gathering with much shining chrome!

PS No tricks - Shot in RAW and "Developed" in PS CS3. Not even cropped.

 
At Thursday, September 04, 2008 3:49:00 PM, Blogger Pretty Life Online said...

Perfect catch for sky watch! Clouds fill the skies above us and they are always part of our every day lives... Mine's up too hope you can drop dy!

 
At Thursday, September 04, 2008 4:05:00 PM, Blogger Norm said...

fabulous set of pictures, I love all your photos..

 
At Thursday, September 04, 2008 5:34:00 PM, Blogger marcia@joyismygoal said...

Oh my dad would have LOVED that Nice bridge shot.

 
At Thursday, September 04, 2008 5:46:00 PM, Blogger bobbie said...

It looks like a wonderful day, with beautiful skies above. Love the bridge and love the windmill.

 
At Thursday, September 04, 2008 6:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fun day. Interesting post and very nice photos! The reflection in the first shot is very pretty, and I loved seeing the cars.

 
At Thursday, September 04, 2008 8:01:00 PM, Blogger Jane Hards Photography said...

I love the bridge shot. All great that jsut grabbed me,

 
At Thursday, September 04, 2008 9:26:00 PM, Blogger EG CameraGirl said...

Sounds like you had a lovely outing! Happy Sky Watch Friday!

 
At Friday, September 05, 2008 3:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sky, pines and even a windmill to go with your "CarWatch Friday." :-D

 
At Friday, September 05, 2008 3:48:00 AM, Blogger imac said...

Grand post from you Jim.

 
At Friday, September 05, 2008 6:24:00 AM, Blogger Laura ~Peach~ said...

love the pictures! Love LOVE the Cars! :) looks like everyone there was having a fantastic time!

 
At Friday, September 05, 2008 8:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow a lot of nice shots very good...

 
At Friday, September 05, 2008 4:43:00 PM, Blogger Laura ~Peach~ said...

hi Jim this is the site that I found (a friend was using it) http://www.picnik.com/
it is free for basic stuff you creat an Id and pass word then you can load your pictures (one at a time) and once it is loaded i think it is the "create" tab you can put signatures in tons of different fonts colors sizes... I played with it for a couple days and really enjoyed it!
Yeah the sky was a bit hard to see in the squirrel pic LOL but he was just so cute I could not resist posting it :)
grins Laura

 
At Saturday, September 06, 2008 2:09:00 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

More beautiful Texas sky captures!:) Love your captures, a fun sky~watch entry! Not a ford fan,~But I am a Huge Dallas Cowboy Fan~And I am ready for some FOOTBALL! :)
Happy weekend, & Happy Sky~Watching!
Cat

 
At Saturday, September 06, 2008 4:12:00 PM, Blogger Tom said...

I loved this post... and not just for the Sky Watch pictures which were good but the cars are beautiful... I'm into old Land rovers but as good as they are they are, their looks are nothing compred to these... if you have any more pictures send me the link so I can drool over them...

Here's Mine

Tom

 
At Sunday, September 07, 2008 6:20:00 AM, Blogger SandyCarlson said...

Those skywatch shots are gorgeous, Jim! Thanks.

 
At Sunday, September 07, 2008 1:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great skies! The back-story with the windmill was interesting. I am a huge fan of antique cars... rarely see any around here, know very little about them... except they're gorgeous!

I have driven Fords most of my life (2 trucks/2 cars - now have a Honda CRV), but someday, when my "ship comes in," I want a '55 Chevy Bel Aire. What ever happened to chrome and whitewalls? I miss them./Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home