Thursday, July 11, 2019

A Thursday Poem -- Dark but not

In the Dark

I'm sitting here in the dark
Of the dark I'm not afraid
What's in the dark that scares me

Dark is black for lack of light
Red fired dragons await me
Gorillas howl green snapping
What's in the dark I'm real scared

Orange and black striped poison snakes
Shiny brown bears show their teeth
Grey wolves trying to make friends

Dark wiped in black is my friend
What I can't see won't see me
_ _ _

- Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
- I'm linked with Susie Clevenger in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/07/bits-of-inspiration-you-write-color.html?m=1
 - Susie has pulled some black and white and gray tinted pictures from the Web for us to add color with our poem. I chose a picture of a girl sitting in the dark, looking up.
 - You can see Susie's picture choices at the link above, 'The girl sitting in the dark' picture is the last one.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Thursday, July 11, 2019 10:01:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Oh yes, it isn't darkness I fear, but what travels within it. A perfect poem for the image. Thank you for taking part in the prompt!

 
At Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:55:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

For most of us, it is our minds that cause the terror in the dark. If we truly listened, we would probably be calmed by the night noises...

 
At Friday, July 12, 2019 3:17:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

A most apt description of a person struggling with the fear of darkness.

 
At Friday, July 12, 2019 7:19:00 AM, Blogger Felisol said...

11If I say, Surely the darkness shall overwhelm me, and the light about me shall be night;

12Even the darkness hideth not from thee, but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to

 
At Friday, July 12, 2019 8:50:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

from Psalms 139:7-16. Even in the darkness we cannot hide from the love of God, not even in the dark of death.
Thank you, Felisol. Psalm 139 is your motto, your guide, and your life. That we should all believe and live that for our lives.
..

 
At Friday, July 12, 2019 2:02:00 PM, Blogger Linda Lee Lyberg said...

Jim, this is so well written. I feel the fear and the things we manifest in our mind at night.

 
At Wednesday, July 17, 2019 7:54:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

I never thought about, "what I can't see, can't see me." Love this, Jim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home