Thursday, July 05, 2018

At peace -- a Thursday Poem


Peace for Me

Have you heard the adage,
I just want some peace, please
Please some peace and quiet

I have this quiet place
A place for me alone
"They" all know I'm alone

It's my backyard workshop
I paint or fix some chairs
Write or read my Bible

Alone quiet it is
When I'm there at peace
 _ _ _ _


The Level Plain - Irish Whistle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AvXSecA_ro

 - Poem Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Paul in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/07/peace-is-every-step.html?m=1

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At Thursday, July 05, 2018 6:04:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Everyone needs a place in which to experience solitude and peace. I love how some men have sheds........wonderful!

 
At Thursday, July 05, 2018 7:53:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

We all need that alone time.

 
At Thursday, July 05, 2018 8:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silence - stillness - space - to just breathe - and listen - clear the mind of monkey chatter and all that - this brings us deeper into the waves - where we can remember and know our divinity within .... so it is a wonder to have a sacred space to oneself; Virgina Woolf was correct - a room of one's own is a necessity :)

 
At Thursday, July 05, 2018 11:23:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Alone quiet it is
When I'm there at peace

Being peaceful should be such, undisturbed not accompanied or interrupted by destruction, sufferings and sounds of gun-fire!

Hank

 
At Friday, July 06, 2018 8:33:00 AM, Blogger annell4 said...

We can find peace in many ways.

 
At Friday, July 06, 2018 10:15:00 AM, Blogger Paul John Dear said...

We all need such a place. Glad you have yours Jim.

 
At Friday, July 06, 2018 11:53:00 AM, Blogger Herotomost said...

Sounds like a fantastic space. I love that you have one and that it works. Great pic.

 
At Saturday, July 07, 2018 3:09:00 AM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

Lucky you! To have a place to retreat to...away from the world. I envy you :)

 
At Saturday, July 07, 2018 6:17:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Of course after reading your words, I am trying to determine the place or room where I feel most at peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home