Monday, June 25, 2018

Dare I Ramble? A Tuesday Texas Rambling Poem

Photo taken at Vauxhall Farm, (two blogs w/ pictures)
Vauxhall, London, U.K.

Some Texas Ramblings;
  in or out; ins and outs 

I like Texas for its gorgeous landscape, the 
hot summers and mild winters, and plenty of BBQ, 
Blue Bell Creamery ice cream and fried goodies to 
you're fed and happy.  And for very friendly people

That's how you'll know your in Texas. You'll be 
Greeted with smiles and drawls and you all's 
Lots of tall tales, most are true. I'll tell you 
Some now after I get myself dried off good 

I'm out now, sitting by the side of the pool
The water was warm, thermometer said 90
The breeze is cool, thermometer said 91 
I'm not certain which I like better, in or out 

Thinking of the time when a down the street
Lady did bad. When our next door neighbors 
Were gone, that lady brought her dogs to swim 
I don't like swimming after dogs, I told on her 

Though she told me she had permission that 
Didn't seem right. Those two ladies had a row (rhyme it with cow)
But afterwards I could swim and stay clean 
No more mange or fleas or bugs I would get 

My thinking went wild after conjuring up that  
Next came the doctor who would ride his horse 
Rode it right into the hospital, he owned the place 
The health folk made him stop so he closed shop 

Or when the neighbor kids would bring animals in 
Into the house when their parents were gone 
Roger the goat would poop on the floor, not nice 
And the rooster would wake the cat while bunnies 

I never forgave those kids cause my dog couldn't (sleep)
I told on them too. Their dad sold the goat and 
Their mom cooked the rooster after she pulled 
his head off.  The kids all cried while the bunnies 

Got to stop and take a quick dip before supper 
Next time I'll tell about the rabbits and the goose 















A driving photo in rural Scotland (former blogs)
Her buddies? Click here.
 _ _ _ _

  - Photo and Poem Copyright,  © 2018 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved 

Labels: , , , , ,

15 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 26, 2018 1:51:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Vandana Sharma said...

Very nice descritption

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2018 2:05:00 AM, Blogger Thotpurge said...

A total zoo out there.. enjoyed the ramble!

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2018 5:21:00 AM, Blogger Jinksy said...

Sounds like a dozy daydream in the sun...♥

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2018 5:54:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

The animals within will ensure the sustenance of the venture, Dr Jim! It'll invoke the passion necessary on seasoned poets to continue!

Hank

Hank

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2018 6:20:00 AM, Blogger HowAnxious said...

Ah, that is quite a picturesque verse. It's the all too familiar everyday that becomes the subject of written word. I really enjoyed it. :-)
-HA

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2018 6:27:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Sounds as though you been drinking some hooch Jim in the hot weather Jim. I'll look forward to the rabbits and the goose.

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2018 7:16:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I got a giggle from the fact, as we all well know, that all the tall tales are true. And goodness gracious, I can't believe that lady! Then, of course, I can. Because some people have no sense at all. The cowboy doctor, wow. I guess we can be surprised by the goat's bathroom habits, not after that.

This was really fun, Jim. Thank you for sharing this glimpse of your Texas with us.

Happiest Tuesday!

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2018 8:53:00 AM, Blogger rallentanda said...

The cowboy doctor sounds great. I wish we had them down here....much better than riding a harley davidson to the hospital in budgie smugglers:)

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

You had me at "Blue Bell Creamery ice cream and fried goodies"... such fun!💜💜

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2018 12:52:00 PM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

This poem is packed with genuine warmth and affection.

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2018 1:14:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh wow, your Texas tales are so colourful (and alarming, when it comes to the animals, lol.) I so enjoyed this, Jim, and am glad you have a pool to cool off in.

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2018 3:07:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Only in Texas... love the menagerie you describe... and for dinner it's coq au vin?

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2018 3:51:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

What a genuine poem. I love the Blue Bell Creamery. We had it around here until a listeria scare and so it went back to Texas. boohoo. This was a true delight to read.

 
At Tuesday, June 26, 2018 5:15:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Love your Texas ramble Jim. I was born and raised in Texas....ya'll is a part of my daily vocabulary.

 
At Wednesday, June 27, 2018 7:36:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Hi Jim...just coming back to comment on your comment on my blog. I was just going to say I can so understand what you were saying from being an engineer. My father was an astronautics engineer, and he was that way. Always organized and straightening things. He was the most organized perfectionist I have ever known. Because of him, I always admire engineers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home