Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Seagulls I Have Known ~~ a poem for Tuesday Platform

Seagulls I Have Known
 
Seagulls I have known, so near, so far 
They have entered the door of my life
Follow me and my ship, I travel
Others stay at home, contentedly
 
~ ~ ~
 
Seagulls I have known, so near, so far 
Some I have never seen, Face Book friends 
Birthplace or distant lands they have moved 
Living next door, neighbors never met
 
They have entered the door of my life 
In some way, somewhere, our matters touch
Staying for life, days or day, an evening
We laugh, we cry, we love, we may part
 
Follow me and my ship, I travel 
Looking for food, scraps or fish been stirred 
Perhaps their own bellies first, hunger
Or loving others their life's purpose
 
Others stay at home, contentedly 
They, no burning desire to travel
or move away, stay close in comfort
Them a must visit, friendship fire tend 
 
~ ~ ~
 
Some gulls wander, beach's sinking ships 
Age Matters, little ones and unborn
Older ones half forgotten or gone
Others strayed for play, delicacies  

~ ~ ~ 
~ ~ ~
 
Some gulls wander, beach's sinking ships
Beckoned by the lure of the unknown 
But their rusted ship nowhere will go
Wisdom tells, from these ships stay away
 
Age matters, little ones and unborn, 
perhaps a grandchild, bright their future
Teens and young adults guidance give them
Parents.  All their flights can use our light
 
Older ones half forgotten or gone 
Loved, in our hearts remain, memories
Role models for us, knew where the fish, 
when to dive, with patience they waited
 
Others strayed for play, delicacies 
Fulfilling inborn adventure lust
We love them still, wish for their content
And envy them not, our life our own
 
~ ~ ~ 
~ ~ ~
 
Seagulls I have known, touching my life 
Blessings they've been or projects for me
Friends the most, fleeting or here to stay
Their flights, my path, delicately merged 
_ _ _ _
 
Pictures and Poem Copyright, Ó Jimmiehov 2016, All Rights Reserved
 
I'm linking with Marian at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Tuesday Platform, http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2016/12/the-tuesday-platform_27.html
 
Note:  Again I very likely will not be returning your comments.  I am sorry not to but I do hope that you will still leave your comments here.  These days will soon end and I will again try to faithfully return your nice comments.  Thank you, Jim

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 27, 2016 2:25:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I feel sometimes like gulls are like humans... there are days when I can hear a sailors voice in them

 
At Tuesday, December 27, 2016 6:38:00 PM, Blogger  said...

Love the closing ... and this:

"Older ones half forgotten or gone
Loved, in our hearts remain, memories"

 
At Wednesday, December 28, 2016 2:58:00 AM, Blogger J Cosmo Newbery said...

They owe me a few chips.

 
At Wednesday, December 28, 2016 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

"neighbors never met
They have entered the door of my life
In some way, somewhere, our matters touch" That's how I feel. Thank goodness for friends we've never met.

 
At Thursday, December 29, 2016 12:14:00 PM, Blogger Marian said...

This is really great, Jim... an epic observation, with just the right amount of melancholy, not too much. Happy new year to you!

 
At Saturday, December 31, 2016 3:12:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you and yours had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and are looking forward to a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

 
At Saturday, January 21, 2017 10:09:00 AM, Blogger Susie Hovendick Chan said...

Sea gulls bring out the poet in us, that's for sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home