Tuesday, April 05, 2016

NaPoWriMo 2016 , Day Five ~~ a poem wrtten of or to men today




Males Bodies Matter

Male bodies matter this I know 
From day three almost, little boys 
They've been making funny faces
In mirrors to themselves or the girls
Haven't you, or, girls your brother

In kindergartens 'round the world
Or first grade for sure it happens 
Sweet little girl comes up to you
Beckons you or him, come with me
Haven't you, or, girls to your boy

Said come with me this place away
Sitting close darkly lit whispers
Famous words remembered by all
Her "show me yours I'll show you mine"
Haven't you, or girls, remembered

On through life mine has been so long
Society directs its males 
Hide your body, beauty's for girls
Men born to lust, girls don't do that
Haven't you, or yours, lived thusly

Men of the world arise, enough 
Show our bodies matters not what
Paunches or brawn, some will excel
Let it air, sleeves, long pants away
Haven't you wanted, bare some more

Show leg, arms, and shoulders or more



_ _ _ _ 

Photos and Poem Copyright © 2016 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

Today I'm linked with Marian in the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads (link) where her theme is "The Tuesday Platform" meaning we are on our own.

I'm writing a Poem a Day (PAD), trying for the whole month of April again. I did it last year, but ...  So I'm linked to NaPoWriMo 2016 for that.


The top picture shows how I write!  I'm still in my sleeping shirt, drinking coffee and sitting in my living room recliner using my iPad; TV is on and Mrs. Jim is sitting to my right or left. With me is my Sony Cybershot pocket camera also (all three pictures are fresh this morning).  (The TV is tuned to the Good Morning America show.)

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 05, 2016 11:54:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Sitting close darkly lit whispers
Famous words remembered by all
Her "show me yours I'll show you mine"

Famous indeed! Powerful write Jim.

 
At Tuesday, April 05, 2016 3:50:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Ha.. yes indeed, we tend to hide it a lot don't we?

 
At Tuesday, April 05, 2016 7:33:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Fascinating insight! Thank you.

 
At Tuesday, April 05, 2016 7:40:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Love the photos and smiled through the poem. Love that you wear a sleeping shirt. Smiles.

 
At Tuesday, April 05, 2016 8:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You tell 'em Jim. : )

 
At Tuesday, April 05, 2016 8:36:00 PM, Blogger  said...

I agree!!!

 
At Tuesday, April 05, 2016 11:47:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Show 'em if you you have 'em, that's that I say.

I was all grins while reading this one, Jim. Thank you! ♥

 
At Wednesday, April 06, 2016 10:40:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Love it, Jim... the poem and the peek into your morning. :)

 
At Wednesday, April 06, 2016 2:46:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Ha ... yes the ladies on the news certainly DO bare far more than the men -

 

Post a Comment

<< Home