Friday, February 20, 2015

Thursday Challenge Poem:


Retired is Good
.
Why am I so tired?  Stock answer is
"It doesn't matter, I am retired."
I would hate to have missed the fun of life
Remissed I would be to my family

My bones do not all carbon to relate
They've got Teflon, titanium, steel
Veins of mesh tubes to channel my red blood
Hoses for cars, water and things till late

Retired I am, proud of it, can't complain
Better than my friends. To me, Heaven sent
But now they're six feet under, absent all
Not a bad life, tired is no excuse

 - - - - -

Photo and Poem Copyright, ©  2015 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

(picture was taken last April in Key West, Florida--Remiss if you miss it)

This post is now linked with  at the Real Toads, The Tuesday Platform

I linked to the Real Toads and found Thursday's  post,
 get listed for February: Absent .  There was the challenge:


 - The words: miss / remiss --  deem / redeem --  wager / dowager --  pulse / repulse --  file / defile --  peat / repeat -- sent / absent
I used "missed and remissed" and "sent and absent", then two of my own, "tired and retired" and "late and relate".

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At Saturday, February 21, 2015 1:44:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

It sounds wonderful, and to be a little tired when you are retired sounds actually quite ok.

 
At Saturday, February 21, 2015 10:48:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Well .. Mr. Jim, as a fellow retiree I love your poem!

 
At Saturday, February 21, 2015 11:21:00 AM, Blogger Gail said...

I liked this but I'm reminded we don't bury them six feet under today, here it is four and a half.

 
At Saturday, February 21, 2015 5:11:00 PM, Blogger Grace said...

Keep yourself active and engaged ~ Smiling back at your picture ~ hey, I can't wait to be retired after a long time ~

 
At Saturday, February 21, 2015 5:12:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Clever! And you have time to unwind and rest. I sometimes have Sundays for that….

 
At Saturday, February 21, 2015 6:24:00 PM, Blogger grapeling said...

a well drawn paean to friends, Jim. thanks for adding your voice ~

 
At Tuesday, February 24, 2015 10:18:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

What a great shot of you and your wife, Jim. I love it!

Your poem touches a chord - no point in complaining about slowing down, when each day is to be treasured.

 
At Tuesday, February 24, 2015 10:45:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

It is wonderful that you are retired and appreciating it and enjoying it. It is a shame for those that work work work and do not make it to that time of life to enjoy.

 
At Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:01:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Retired is good indeed. At least when we're tired we get to lie down! I enjoyed this, Jim. Love the photo, too. You have such a kind face.

 
At Tuesday, February 24, 2015 6:40:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

One can take in the tiredness! Meant to be anyway, a reminder! Lest one tries to overdo things! One for the road, Dr Jim!

Hank

 
At Wednesday, February 25, 2015 10:21:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

tired when retired is to me plain okay; i'm a retiree its all about my time is my time; luv this poem

much love...

 
At Thursday, February 26, 2015 6:32:00 AM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

A great pic, and clever use of the words, Jim--you have all kinds of materials serve double purposes as well--the mesh hoses we have naturally and that get put in! Thanks. Key West looks just beautiful! (Manicddaily)

 
At Thursday, February 26, 2015 4:21:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Not too tired, I trust! I like to think of you and your happy life.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home