Sunday, November 09, 2008

One Single Impression: Paradox

Paradox Trilogy

Oh you paradox
try to put you in a box
--make mine out of pine?

Ashes to ashes
once for every gal or guy
--surely will not die?

I die quickly then
brightly burns the fire for me
--awake! dream will end!

...................................

Trials and Tribulations

Paradox was lost
how and why did it happen
Paradise is not

Paradox still lost?
see very brilliant pupil
grins - his Sad Report

Paradox not lost
pupil very brilliant not
shiny H'vn at last

..................................

A Paradox or Few

If came saw ate went
then quickies I like to have
--I like all quickies?

- - - - -

My neighbor I love
my neighbor steals lies covets
--love my neighbor still?

- - - - -

Never wrong am I
except just this one time when
I said never wrong



Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At Sunday, November 09, 2008 12:14:00 AM, Blogger Beth P. said...

Jim--
You are a clever one!
Especially liked the last haiku!

Thanks again for speaking your mind on my post--

Beth

 
At Sunday, November 09, 2008 12:18:00 AM, Blogger Edward S Gault said...

Those were all very excellent paradoxes-I especially liked the very last one!
Thank you for sharing these.

 
At Sunday, November 09, 2008 4:14:00 AM, Blogger anthonynorth said...

Excellent!!
And now my brain hurts ;-)

 
At Sunday, November 09, 2008 4:15:00 AM, Blogger SandyCarlson said...

I enjoyed them all. Jim you are full of wit and energy. God bless.

 
At Sunday, November 09, 2008 5:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wise and playful! Thanks!

 
At Sunday, November 09, 2008 8:03:00 AM, Blogger qualcosa di bello said...

jim...that last one is killer good!!!

 
At Sunday, November 09, 2008 9:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some real good ones! Thanks. I enjoyed!

blank page soaked

 
At Sunday, November 09, 2008 9:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Each one of these was so wonderfully thoughtful and yet so much fun. Did you hear me giggling?

 
At Sunday, November 09, 2008 9:40:00 PM, Blogger Teri said...

Yes Jim, it does come across with the brilliant and not so brilliant. But the trilogy is so fun I couldn't pick out just one to comment on. How's that for a paradox :)

 
At Monday, November 10, 2008 2:58:00 AM, Blogger DeLi said...

witty as always

 
At Monday, November 10, 2008 6:21:00 AM, Blogger indicaspecies said...

Lovely ones. You kept the best for last. Cheers!

 
At Monday, November 10, 2008 8:25:00 AM, Blogger maryt/theteach said...

Jim, you've done a marvelous job writing poetry for OSI!

 
At Monday, November 10, 2008 11:47:00 AM, Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Very nice! Paradoxially wonderful!

 
At Monday, November 10, 2008 12:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I enjoyed them all.. Jim ..you are full of wit and energy.. God bless"
..many thanks..

 
At Thursday, November 13, 2008 10:40:00 AM, Blogger barbs.haiku said...

Wow, Jim. You were really inspired for this week's prompt while I was fairly well stumped!

 
At Friday, November 14, 2008 10:53:00 AM, Blogger Quiet Paths said...

I like how mix in the serious considerations of life and the humorous. We have to laugh or else!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home