Sunday, December 26, 2010

One Single Impression: Comb

.
Our girl

Mothers teach
little girls learn how to comb
smoothing the locks
and loosing the snarls

Then then comes day
our girl has learned it well
beauty now reigns
where ever she is seen

Still comes the day
messy dirty looking
the comb is done
for style this girl goes grunge

Photo and Poem Copyright
© 2010 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved


- - - - - - - -

Prompt words, Comb, suggested by Gautami Tripathy at Rooted
Find more poems at One Single Impression using "Meld" as prompt

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At Sunday, December 26, 2010 12:53:00 AM, Blogger Nanka said...

The fashion associated and characterized by a raucous guitar sound and lazy vocal delivery including loose now tight, layered now one tiny bit of clothing and jeans .... hahaha!! a fashion, beauty, style and genre reigns and oh to be one among the throng :)

Have a great end to the Year and all good wishes through the New Year!!

 
At Sunday, December 26, 2010 8:10:00 AM, Blogger Sherri B. said...

Ah yes, the memories of when our little girls would still allow us to comb their hair and style it for them! I enjoyed your poem, as always...I hope you had a wonderful holiday! :~)

 
At Sunday, December 26, 2010 5:26:00 PM, Blogger Sherri B. said...

Jim, I just wanted to thank you for the lyrics to that Jimmie Rodgers song Honeycomb...you had me so curious that I had to go watch it on youtube. Very catchy song! Thank you for telling me about it - I really enjoyed it. :~)

 
At Sunday, December 26, 2010 7:40:00 PM, Blogger The Write Girl said...

What a fun poem Jim...yes when a girl goes grunge, she doesn't need her comb! I always enjoy reading your writing.

 
At Monday, December 27, 2010 1:41:00 AM, Blogger eyeography said...

Lovely...
I know how it is..
I have seen my sister spending like one hour with the comb in front of the mirror...
:D

 
At Monday, December 27, 2010 8:51:00 AM, Blogger Rumya said...

What a fun take on the prompt Jim!!
I wouldn't last a day without my comb and mirror. Grunge does not work for me. :)
Enjoyed the read!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home